Sara Barendsz Cochet, SM/PROG - mtDNA

Started by Sharon Doubell on 水曜日, 1月 13, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 27 posts
1/13/2016 at 5:22 午前

Does anyone know where we got the info that Sara is likely to have been from the mtDNA Haplogroup K1a-T195C?
Perhaps I haven't looked thoroughly enough, but I see we don't have the matrilineal descendant who was tested as this on the mtDNA Project.
Help...

1/13/2016 at 5:49 午前

All the profiles should maybe the listed (when they are placed on the progenitors profile) under the mtDNA project - with the haplogroup when they are placed. I have followed that principle for Catharina v Malabar.

I will see if I can spot anything.

Sharon, where do one place a DNA on a living profile?

1/13/2016 at 5:51 午前

OK - from what I can gather, it is either a Steenkamp or a Niemand.

The managers are:

Ananda van der Westhuizen

and

Private User

Perhaps they would know?

1/13/2016 at 6:08 午前

Sry or Ferreira, also managed by Adriana

Private User
1/13/2016 at 1:33 午後

Sharon..The information on Sara Cochet came from me!...Whilst waiting for the results of my Mt.DNA I travelled back through my genealogical mother's mother's line on Geni, & Sara Cochet is in there...Anyway, I found her listed in a FTDNA site under the Haplogroup K..Katrine's something or other....Assuming she was correct on my line, I thought I was Haplogroup K etc..Until my results came through, which assigned me Haplogroup L5, so that, meant that line on my tree wasn't correct..I could only guarantee that line as far as Hendrina Smit...We set up a project on that..By the way, my L5 line has now been confirmed as L5b1a...More info on the Hendrina Smit project you set up..

Private User
1/13/2016 at 1:39 午後

PS it was Katrine's Klan on FTDNA

1/14/2016 at 10:51 午後

Ahhh, that explains it. Thanks Danielle

9/16/2016 at 4:20 午前

mtDNA K1 details from:

Private

9/16/2016 at 12:09 午後

Thank you for spotting that Jan Marthinus Blomerus, b2..h1, I'll add it to the project.

9/16/2016 at 12:21 午後

Thanks for uploading, Corney Keller

9/12/2017 at 12:49 午後

Another K result from: John Peter Stathoulis

9/13/2017 at 9:19 午前

Thanks - if you're sure this is a Sara Cochet descendant - can you add him to the project?

9/13/2017 at 10:07 午前

Done so. Sharon, is it perhaps not time that her curator note be updated? We have 4 K results and the previous L result was removed as per previous messages in this discussion relating to Hendrina Smit born c1737.

9/13/2017 at 10:59 午前

Probably - are the two K descendants on one descent line or via different children?
I'll have to wait until next weekend to really look closely. Please remind me.

9/14/2017 at 1:31 午前

Apologies in advance if I'm replying out of turn here but I'm new to Geni from MyHeritage and am still trying to orientate myself and understand how DNA results find their way from the tester (in my and my mother's case FamilyTreeDNA) to My Heritage and Geni records.

Some background:
FamilyTreeDNA recently corrected my mtDNA haplogroup from A to K (they attributed this to a 'technical bug'). This should now be on Geni.
FamilyTreeDNA recently completed my mother Olga Stathoulis (born Moutsatsos) mtDNA and repored it as K1a-T195C! . This shoud now be on Geni.

@Sharon Lee Doubell
@Jan Marthinus Blomerus

9/14/2017 at 9:00 午前

Yes, I see it on her profile, John - and it's populated to Sara Cochet. Thank you for uploading - it's very helpful.
Is that what you're asking?

9/14/2017 at 9:39 午後

Yes, thank you Sharon.

1/11/2018 at 7:39 午前

Sharon Doubell

Another reminder to please remove the L notes in the description, I was reminded today myself when we have a 3rd K result.

However not strong as all the results pass through 3 different daughters of Jannetje de Clercq, a3 SM

(results would be strong for her)

However the point is that there is no L result for her, that the notes should please be updated in accordance.

1/11/2018 at 8:04 午前

Sorry - done.
Is it another convergence on Ellen Elizabeth Keller?

1/11/2018 at 8:19 午前

Ty! And no, new result is Christelle Jansen van Rensburg

1/12/2018 at 6:36 午前

I don’t know how to go about adding my data on here.

My research so far has focused on my father’s line, but I have a reasonable amount of documentation available on my matrilineal line - I will see how far back I have documented proof that I am who I think I am... My link would be through the Steyn / Smit / Vosloo / Roets line (I know I have not looked at it further back other than doing SAG lookups...)

1/12/2018 at 9:14 午前

Perhaps your matrilineal line will link into the One World Tree quite quickly, Christelle. Do add it and yell for help if you get stuck or need merging.

1/12/2018 at 9:44 午後

Sharon Doubell, my tree is linked and I can confirm the relationships with documentation to Roets (Jacoba Dorothea Christina Roets) but have not done any research higher up myself. The link to Luus came from SAG and further up magically appeared during my hiatus from genealogy. I will upload the source details after the weekend (I’m trying to find my mother in law’s father’s family before her 80th birthday).

1/12/2018 at 10:19 午後

Geni magic is very useful :-)

1/13/2018 at 7:19 午前

Hello Sharon,

Sara Cochet's haplogroup (K1a-T195C) was initially derived from my mtDNA profile (Maria Dorothea Marx> Dorothea Maria Bekker> Jannetje de Klerk), and confirmed through at least two different daughters of Jannetje de Klerk (Dorothea Maria Smit> Hester Bekker> Jannetje de Klerk). Recently Stathoulis (Hester Smit> Hester Bekker> Jannetje de Klerk) also confirmed his mother's line and I believe so has Christelle du Raan (Sara Oosthuizen> Dorothea Maria Bekker> Jannetje de Klerk).

1/13/2018 at 7:43 午前

Sharon, ignore the above. I answered the wrong question!

1/13/2018 at 10:20 午後

:-)

Showing all 27 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion