Prince - from artist formerly known as...

Started by Kazimierz of Rús on Thursday, April 21, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 17 posts
4/21/2016 at 8:51 PM

to artist formally known as dead. RIP anyone see the MAD magazine satire "Purple Acid Rain?"

Private User
4/22/2016 at 4:56 AM

I loved his music he was so talented Prince is my 14 cousin once removed here is my linkhttps://www.geni.com/path/Judy-Rice+is+related+to+Prince?from=60000...

Private User
4/22/2016 at 4:58 AM
4/22/2016 at 6:28 AM

I didn't know till last night you could look up famous people and see if your related. That's pretty awesome. I've been a big fan of Prince every since he started.

4/22/2016 at 8:51 AM

"A little known Prince factoid. When Prince read that Louisville was going close the Western Branch Library ( which is the first full service library for African Americans in country) he wrote a $10,000 check to the Western Branch Library Association to support the library."

http://insiderlouisville.com/lifestyle_culture/music/prince-may-hav...

4/22/2016 at 7:45 PM

Judy what does once removed mean?

Private User
4/23/2016 at 6:23 AM

I think once removed means second cousin i could be wrong

4/25/2016 at 2:37 PM

A recent article:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2016/04/25/prince-purple-rain...

Prince gave us the 'parental advisory' label ....

So I thought I'd see how Prince & Tipper Gore are related. Geni says:

Prince

Prince is Tipper Gore's husband's second cousin 6 times removed's husband's great niece's husband's second great grandson's ex-partner's ex-partner.

4/25/2016 at 8:46 PM

Mandy and Judy: once removed means that the relationship is off by one generation.

Let's say Mandy and Judy are third cousins once removed. Mandy has to go back three generations to get to the grandparent that is the sibling of Judy's grandparent. However, Judy has to go back four generations. Hence once removed. Mandy is Judy's mom (or dad's) third cousin. Judy is Mandy's daughter (or son's) fourth cousin.

Another way to look at it is one has to go back four generations to get to the common ancestor (the same great-grandparent); while the other has to go back five.

I recently found out that I'm a 13th cousin twice removed to a friend of mine. That means that one of us has to go 15 generations back to get to the sibling; the other has to go back 13 generations.

Private User
4/26/2016 at 7:57 AM

I am not sure what changes happened, but he was my 10th cousin on Sunday, but on Monday he became my 8th cousin plus via Vanity.

Private User
4/26/2016 at 8:25 AM

Well I lost the connection completely!..Before he had been my 17th cousin, once removed..A very distant connection, but at least there was one.

Private User
4/26/2016 at 9:15 AM

Mandy & Judy- to put it in even simpler terms: say your first cousin has a child. That child is your first cousin, once removed. He/she is one generation removed from a common grandmother (it's always traced through the female). Your grandmother would be the child's great-grandmother.

Private User
4/27/2016 at 6:24 AM

Thks Darlene for explaining to me what once removed means

4/27/2016 at 8:17 AM

The same thing happened to me, Christine! I was related to him before and now only through Vanity.

Private User
4/30/2016 at 3:27 PM

I guess it happened to my connection with him too. I was his cousin now it shows my hubby is related to him. Oh well.
=)

Still love much of his music.
RIP Prince

3/29/2022 at 8:35 AM

Prince is my 17th cousin once removed.
You
→ David Ronald Davis
your father → Raymond Earl Davis
his father → Ralph Raymond Davis
his father → Cassie A Davis
his mother → Amos L Jackson
her father → Andrew Jackson, Jr