Ermengarde de Lorraine - Birth

Started by Heather Stephens on Tuesday, August 30, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 16 posts

How can Ermengarde de Lorraine give birth to her son Reginar "1" Longneck duke of Lorraine 10 years after she has died someone has made a big mistake somewhere.

There is no contemporary record of her birth, also the name Ermengarde has not been established as her name.

See:

Rösch says that this daughter is often named Ermengarde in secondary sources but that there is no contemporary proof that this is correct.
Annales Mettenses, RCGF 7, p. 186.

http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/LOTHARINGIA.htm#_ftnref25

Taking over as Curator to help sort this, as Pam is absent

NN poss Ermengarde (c825/30-)
d/o LOTHAIRE I & ERMENGARDE, d/o HUGUES Comte [de Tours] & Ava
x Aquitaine 846 GISELBERT Graf von Maasgau

• ?REGINAR [I] "Langhals/Longneck" (c850-Meerssen c25 Aug 915/19 Jan 916)
  • ?ALBERT (c 860->928/36)

cf Reginar I "Longneck", Duke of Lorraine and Count of Hainault - who is no longer suffering from an impossible birth date.

Just that Adalbert von Maasgau is both his brother and half-brother. Their parents have locked relationships under your control. Could you fix it?

Thanks, CGV

The locking is to do with Pam's CN note about how often she's merged into an Ermengarde of Burgundy. These days we have RLing and don't have to rely on a CN to prevent that happening.

before during after cutting.. It is also very useful to leave the TEXT-TAG of those who are not known children-father etc., so that those who are following maybe some DIY online, once arrived, have the chance to read that it is not a known connection.. that the other node already exists and does not need to be duplicated.. that before him someone has already had something to do with it ..and that they do not have the holy grail in their hands :)

The tags are above. I always do that with any profile that has an About.

The CN is only so many letters long, unfortunately. I tried to keep the warning in too.

the TEXT-TAG is interactive: leads directly to the other node now separated..

the notes of the (C) at the top of the page maybe with written: "unknown parents" are something else ^^'

The tag is plainly there then. Cannot imagine what you're commenting on.

Sharon Doubell but damn XD look at the chronology of events:
it's there, because I put it there! XD

example:
-Ehrenfried von Maasgau, I, Count in the Bliesgau, the Keldachgau and of Charmois
-Richwin de Verdun, comte de Verdun

Sharon Doubell C
10/9/2022 at 10:24 AM
Report | Delete
Removing as her children: Ehrenfried von Maasgau, I, Count in the Bliesgau, the Keldachgau and of Charmois; Richwin, comte de Verdun - pending discussion about sources.

I'm not engaging any further with you in this silliness, and I'd strongly suggest you don't swear at me again Livio.

it is not nonsense, it is very important for the reasons already listed above, I can not keep repeating myself .. yes yes I know it is not always easy for you to understand me...

anyway when you cut, PLZ leave a TEXT-TAG of who you cut:
example on: Richwin de Verdun, comte de Verdun :

Sharon Doubell ha scollegato Tiers And Chiny dai suoi genitori Richwin, comte de Verdun e Cunigunda, countess of Trèves & Ardennes e dai suoi fratelli Otto of Verdun, duke of Lorraine e Mathilde de Grandson de Verdun, de Chiny, von Lothringen.
Sab alle 11:22 AM

Il profilo di Richwin, comte de Verdun è stato aggiornato da Livio Scremin: su di me
Sab alle 3:10 PM · guarda

" NOT a known son of Giselbert I, count of Maasgau (source PLZ) "
-----------

" *https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricwin,_Count_of_Verdun

.. Evrard has speculated that '''Ricwin''' was the brother of [Reginar I "Longneck", Duke of Lorraine and Count of Hainault Reginar], but this remains unproved. "
-----------

Showing all 16 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion