William Wilbore - Wilbore Family

Started by John Dale Kessel on Tuesday, February 14, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 4 posts
2/14/2017 at 9:12 PM

I noticed there was some poor merging in this area (related to the ysearch imports in March 2016) with the profiles for William Wilbore, of Little Compton and William Wilbore, of England

To begin cleaning up, I tried unmerging but it didn't cooperate too cleanly and left me with a guy without any connections.

I cleaned some things up, but at least a couple things remain

1) Where does Sarah Wilbor go? Her curator note says she is not their daughter, but I can't see any revision history of anything else

2) Anne Wilbore is the spouse of three people according to the profile view, but I only see two on the Relationships tab.

3) The curator note for Samuel Wilbore, "The Immigrant" says his wife is Ann Smith, daughter of Thomas Smith, however the Anne Smith that is attached as his wife is connected as a daughter of a John Smith

4) The "About" section for Samuel Wilbore, "The Immigrant" mentions Ann Bradford, but the curator note says "NOT Ann Bradford" which makes it confusing to read.

Hatte Anne Blejer is there anybody else that might be familiar with these branches to look as well? I need to step away for a bit now.

2/19/2017 at 10:56 PM

It sounds like this is quite a mess. I'll take a look. On point #3, Samuel Wilbore, the Immigrant was NOT married to Ann Bradford. That has been disproven. His wife was Ann Smith. Most of the trees on the Internet show Ann Bradford, who was the daughter of the governor and a famous early American poetess, as Samuel Wilbore's wife. GOD I wish we had relationship locking.

Whoever merged ignored my notes and so we once again have Ann Bradford married to Samuel I assume.

Going to look now. I don't promise I will finish tonight as it is late and if it's a really big mess, it will take a clear and rested brain.

2/19/2017 at 10:59 PM

Wow, very nice work John Dale Kessel. I see that you have cleaned it all up and improved William's profile to boot. I'm impressed. Thank you.

2/19/2017 at 11:25 PM

Whoops, I see that there was another Ann Bradford married to three people - John Wilbore, Joan Drane Wilbore, and Samuel (Immigrant) Wilbore. I divorced her from all of those and merged her with Anne Wilbore.

Joan Wilbore was married to John Wilbore. She had gotten a Thomas Smith as a father in the merges, so there really was a mess.

There may be some other clean up. The only thing that seems concerning now is that in the merges the DNA manager disappeared.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion