William Bradford is considered by historians to be one of the most influential of the Pilgrim settlers for his outstanding leadership, his desire to steadfastly hold to his religious and moral ideals and his determination to keep Plymouth a thriving and independent colony.
>"Being thus arrived in a good harbor and brought safe to land, they fell upon their knees and blessed the God of heaven, who had brought them over the vast and furious ocean, and delivered them from all the perils and miseries thereof, again to set their feet on the firm and stable earth, their proper element... But here I cannot but stay and make a pause, and stand half amazed at this poor people's present condition; and so I think will the reader too when he well consider the same."
- Genealogy of William Bradford at Familypedia
- William Bradford, Plymouth governor
- Mayflower Ancestors: Links
- William Bradford, Mayflower Passenger
- William Bradford at Pilgrim Hall
- William Bradford
- William Bradford by Esther Lombardi, About.com Guide
- Pedigree of William Bradford, 1589/90-1657
- Descendants of William Bradford
- Descendants of Edouad Bompasse, Abraham Sampson, Myles Standish and John Alden
- Bradford History
- Bradford's History of Plymouth Plantation, 1606-1646. Ed. William T. Davis. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1908
- Mourt's Relation: A Journal of the Pilgrims at Plymouth, 1622
- Plumb, Albert H. William Bradford of Plymouth. Boston: R.G. Badger, 1920.
- "Ancestry of the Bradfords of Austerfield," New England Historic and Genealogical Register 83(1929):439+, 84(1930):5+.
- William, Bradford. Governor William Bradford's Letter Book. , 1905.
- Morton, Nathaniel, and John Davis. New-england's Memorial. Boston: Printed by Croker and Brewster, 1826.
- Addison, A C. The Romantic Story of the Mayflower Pilgrims: And Its Place in the Life of To-Day. Boston: L. C. Page, 1911.
- Deetz, James, and Patricia E. S. Deetz. The Times of Their Lives: Life, Love, and Death in Plymouth Colony. New York: W.H. Freeman, 2000.
- The Pilgrims, Leiden, and the Early Years of Plymouth Plantation - Preface by Dr. Jeremy Dupertuis Bangs