Elizabeth de Crecy - Timeline and offspring

Started by William Cressey on Wednesday, March 15, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 15 posts
3/15/2017 at 11:09 AM

Something's wrong here. If she only lived 15 years how can she have all those children?

Private User
3/15/2017 at 5:30 PM

Looks as though somebody fixed her dates, but other problems remain. According to MedLands, Thibaut and (Elizabeth - Cawley says her name is not known) are only documented to have had one surviving child, Guy. Milo was Guy's son, not Thibaut's - Thibaut was his *grandfather*.

Guy married Hodierne de Gometz-la-Ferté, and their children were:
Milo I de Bray
Guy II "le Rouge"
Melisende (l'ainée) m. Hugues de Rethel
Alix
Melisende "Caravecina" m. Pons de Traînel
Isabelle
Hodierne

There are two unexplained Montlhéry relatives:

Milon de Montlhéry (d. after 1034), who had a son Hugues (d. after 1074)
Dreux de Montlhéry (d. after 1034), possibly a brother of Milo, as they co-witnessed the same charter in 1034.

The dating suggests that they were not sons of Thibaut, but they may possibly have been his brothers (or same-generation cousins).

Milo de Bray had 10 children, but none of them was a daughter Eustachie.

http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/PARIS%20REGION%20NOBILITY.htm#_Toc4...

3/16/2017 at 7:01 AM

Interesting. If MedLands has no name, where does the theory that it was Elizabeth de Crecy come from?

Private User
3/25/2017 at 4:42 PM

Looks like it was a 17th century WAG by Anselm de Guibours (aka Père Anselme). But where he got his information from...???

12/16/2018 at 4:07 PM

Weighing in ... if the parentage is incorrect, it would be good if someone could either correct it or at least sever the connection to Thibault and Elizabeth.

12/17/2018 at 2:30 AM

I'd like to help fix the line, but can't see which Thibault is indicated on the medlands page. Too many returns on a name search. No Milos.
Maven - can you give me a phrase to search from that page? It will speed things up.

Private User
12/17/2018 at 5:45 AM

I think Cawley reorganized things again, but here's his list for Montlhery: http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/parcorroc.htm#_Toc495733088

Private User
12/17/2018 at 6:34 AM

I'm starting to see some shape to this, but it's a timey-wimey mess-up.

Thibaut de Montlhery had a wife, name unknown, and *one child*, Guy [I] de Montlhery.

Guy married Hodierne de Gometz-la-Ferté, and they had a whole bunch of children:

* MILON "le Grand" de Bray, m LITHUAISE Vicomtesse de Troyes and had about 10 children (q.v. separately).

* GUY [II] “le Rouge” (-1108), an early Comte de Rochefort, m. Elisabeth NN (has been identified as "Elisabeth de Crecy", but not in any primary source) and Adelais de Crécy, widow of Bouchard [II] Comte de Corbeil - the order of his marriages has been disputed. Biotte de Montlhéry was apparently HIS daughter, probably by his first wife (whichever one she was) - but the only documentation for her is very late indeed (1630).

* Melisende "l'ainee", m. Hugues de Rethel

* Alix, m. Hugues [I] "Blavons" de Breteuil

* Melisende "Bona-vecina/Caravecina", m Pons de Traînel Seigneur de Pont-sur-Sein

* Isabelle, m. Joscelin de Courtenay (second wife)

* Hodierne alias Ernesende, m [Gauthier Seigneur de Saint-Valéry-en-Caux].

12/17/2018 at 11:35 PM

I'm going to give THibault a NN wife, and disconnect Elizabeth de Crecy, Dame de Chevreuse as his wife

12/17/2018 at 11:47 PM

NN. All interested i helping, just request management

12/17/2018 at 11:57 PM

Guy - ditto.

12/18/2018 at 12:14 AM
12/18/2018 at 12:26 AM
12/18/2018 at 1:42 AM

Removing Bouchard I de Bray, seigneur de Montmorency and Hildegarde de Blois as parents of Thibaut “Filans-stupas/File-Etoupes
"No primary source has been found that indicates that Thibaut was related to the seigneurs de Montmorency. "http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/parcorroc.htm#_Toc495733088

Showing all 15 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion