Christian Elizabeth (Bailey) Morse - Wrong lineage ?

Started by Erica Howton on Thursday, February 22, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 6 posts
2/22/2018 at 6:58 PM

I was forwarded this note

——

Mike Koller
Today at 11:17 AM
I appreciate "living" Morse raising this issue. I have been concerned about this during the past few days also.

I agree with "living" Morse -- that Christian (c. 1580 - 1630) and Anthony I (c1578 - 1621) were not Benjamin's parents. ... They were Benjamin's grandparents.

Benjamin's father was actually Anthony Morse II (1607 - 1686) and Benjamin's mother was Ann Elizabeth Cox (1607 - 1679) Lt. Anthony Morse]

http://www.danwheeler.us/Personal/Shedd/Family_History/William_Mors...

This information about Anthony I and Anthony II can also be found in the "About" section of their profiles on Geni.

Perhaps someone with more experience with "cleaning up" discrepancies like this on Geni might be able to do so.

Thanks again "living" Morse for bringing this to our attention,

Mike Koller

living Morse
Today at 7:45 AM
Managers of Christian Elizabeth Morse,

I am contacting you about this profile: Elizabeth Morse

I have to disagree with this lineage as Christian and Anthony were not the parents of Deacon Benj. Morse. Benjamin was the son of the Anthony Morse II who came to America on the ship James. It would seem that many are copying this info and therefore it is causing much confusion . Perhaps you did the same????

Sincerely,

living Morse

2/22/2018 at 11:01 PM

I believe the three Anthony Morse generations (I, II, III) are:

1) Anthony Morse, I (c 1578 - 1621) m. Christian Bailey (c1580 - 1630)

2) Anthony Morse, II (1607 - 1686) m. Ann Cox (1607 - 1679)

3) Anthony Morse, III (1632 - 1678) m. Elizabeth Knight ... m. Mary Barnard

Deacon Benjamin Morse (1640 - c1715) m. Ruth Sawyer

I believe Anthony III and Benjamin are brothers, and they are the sons of Anthony II and Ann Cox, ... and these two brothers, ie., Anthony III and Benjamin, are the grandsons of Anthony I and Christian Bailey.

The profiles for Anthony Morse, I Anthony Morse, III

... and Anthony Morse, II Lt. Anthony Morse]

... and Anthony Morse, III Lt. Anthony Morse

... and Benjamin Morse Deacon Benjamin Morse

This is also a nice source: https://minerdescent.com/2012/05/01/anthony-morse-sr/

I appreciate everyone's willingness to try to clear this up.

Mike Koller

Private User
2/25/2018 at 7:36 AM

Mike Koller, I believe you are correct. Benjamin is definitely the grandson of the first Anthony we know of, Anthony and Christian. I think much of the confusion is because there are so many Anythonys in the Morse lineage at that time, that perhaps people are not paying attention to their dates of birth etc. to distinguish between them. At any rate, this seems to have been cleared up now, and I hope those who may have copied incorrect information will make the necessary changes to their genealogies.

2/25/2018 at 7:56 PM

I believe the three Anthonys I, II, and III, and Deacon Benjamin are all in their proper positions now in the tree. I agree that it is confusing with so many Anthonys to sort out.

Thanks to all for working together and helping to get this straightened out.

Mike Koller

FYI Private User and Kevin Lawrence Hanit

Private User
9/3/2019 at 6:40 AM

@ Mike Koller and everyone else. I started using Geni two years ago trying to backtrack my Pickard ancestors' wive's families. I followed the paths that existed at that time, and did not know that there were errors there.

Thank you all for working together to figure this out. I could not have done it myself

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion