Coenraet de Visscher - Fudged records...

Started by Private User on Tuesday, June 12, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni member
  • Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 19 posts

I have added a document to the sources tab that shows Coenraet de Visscher's wife to be Maria Schuyl de Visscher, NOT the 'Akke Jans Tiesema' listed in all the other Myheritage family tree 'sources' for Coenraet de Visscher. Akke married a different 'Coenraad Pieters Visser' in 1811, that record can be found here: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QLR1-HTTR

It baffles me how easily people will just add crap from MyHerritage user trees without checking the information, and what makes it worse is everyone just copies the same false information from everyone else.

I checked this line about 6 months ago very briefly and thought I had confirmed all the sources up to Philip V of France, but on closer inspection the last few days I noticed some names had been changed in the line, either through bad merges or somebody deliberately fudging people and information out of some moronic need to tell their friends they are descended from royalty. The same thing happened with the van Wyk line to Edward II of England.

If somebody has any documentary evidence linking Coenraet de Visscher with his supposed son 'Jan Coenraad Visser' then please share it, as without this proof there is no descent from Phillip V of France.

Thanks Dieter. Yes, these fictitious trees are very frustrating. I have made it a mission to find the original documents for every profile I manage!

Which is the document?

The descent to Philippe V of France is through the Coymans line.

So you want Jeanne de Fiffe# /Akke Jans Tiesema de Visscher and Coenraet de Visscher removed as parents of Jan Coenraadsz Visser, SV/PROG - as there is no proof of these people as his parents?

Okay done, pending sources.

I'll lock the relationships completely when we figure out if he has one wife too many, or if the ffyp has one too few.

Yes there is no proof of who Jan Coenraad Visser's parents were.

Descent from the Coijmans line would come from an unknown son of Coenraet de Visscher (who would descend from Philip V of France through his mother Cornelia Coymans). Coenraet de Visscher's only known wife (as of yet) was Maria Schuyl van Walhorn.

Coenraad Pieters Visser married Akke Jans Tiesema in 1811 and is therefore a completely different person to the Coenraet de Visscher (who was born in the 1600s) of the Philip V line.

Somebody had changed about 3 people in this line. I changed the names back to who they were originally when I started checking this line over the last week. Jeanne de Fiffe is also a new person that I don't recall being in the line when I checked it about 9 months ago.

About 9 months ago the connection of the South African Vissers to Philip V of France wasn't on Geni.

Hi Sharon the document is on Coenraet de Visscher's source tab, not Jan Coenraad Visser's source tab. Here is the link:

https://www.geni.com/documents/view?doc_id=6000000079251069984&

That's not citing sources though?

It may not cite sources but it is a researched & published geneological work from the late 1800s albeit in overview form seemingly endorsed by the university of Dusseldorf. It is reasonable to assume that the author did his homework and if he didn't his reputation would have been on the line as his sources would more than likely be a matter of public or private record. Either way, it is certainly more credible than MyHeritage user trees...and there is currently no evidence at all for Jan Coenraad Visser's father, let alone that his father's name was Coenraet , or that he was the son of the Coenraet de Visscher of the Philip V line.

Okay. No sources for the relationship.

Now where does this wife - Geertje Aeltje Gerritz, SM/PROG of Jan Coenraadsz Visser, SV/PROG come from?

I don't know, perhaps someone else does. I was primarily trying to confirm the Philip V line and got stuck at Jan Coenraad Visser.

I've started a Discussion about whether the two wives are one, from that profile. I wanted to know because I've locked in the relationships - so they must be correct.

Back to Jan: He appears in the Netherlands, Archival Indexes, Vital Records as follows:

Jan
Netherlands, Archival Indexes, Vital Records
Name: Jan
Event Type: Baptism
Event Date: 13 Jul 1811
Event Place: Sneek, Friesland, Nederland
Event Place (Original): Sneek
Birth Date: 13 Jul 1811
Father's Name: Coenraad Pieters Visser
Mother's Name: Akke Jans Tiesema
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QL6M-BSRK

Or, to be more precise - A Jan Visser appears there with those parents in 1811. Is this where the confusion about Akke Jans Tiesema comes in, or am I just barking up the wrong tree?

No, I see that's who you're pointing to in your first post.

There is no way it is the same person unless his father lived to be more than 200 years old.

Yes. I hadn't seen that that was the point you were making in your first post.

:-)
They're locked off from this profile. We just need to make sure that the wives and children are as we want them because all the relationships get locked if one is locked. (Hence me trying to clean up around it).
Hopefully, Daan Botes will come and double check.

Showing all 19 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion