Russian Primary Chronicle - translated and edited by Cross, S. H. and Sherbowitz-Wetzor, O. P. (1953)

Started by Alex Moes on Tuesday, August 14, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 37 posts
8/14/2018 at 4:50 PM

Очередное научное открытие? Вы сравните схемы 1906 года, которые я добавил в проект, со схемой 1953 года из этого издания! У меня есть 22 родословные схемы Рюриковичей 1906 года издания, а у Вас 1953 года одна схема!

Another scientific discovery? You compare the schemas of 1906, which I added to project, scheme, 1953 this edition! I have 22 genealogical scheme of Rurik, 1906 edition, and You have a 1953 one scheme!

8/14/2018 at 9:53 PM

I am not making discoveries i am just posting a link for a full translation that is in the public domain. Actually, i found the link on Igor's wikipedia page.

So now when someone is quoting the Russian Primary Chronicle as a source we have an easy way to check and discuss. Otherwise we just have to take it on faith when someone states "the RPC says...".

This is the issue with making profiles based on the Ioachim Chronicle (ru: Иоакимовская Летопись) as it is impossible to verify the claims that Vasily Tatishchev made.

8/14/2018 at 10:19 PM

Я Вас прошу сравнить две родословные схемы!

8/15/2018 at 2:32 AM

I have been meaning to but it is very hard to compare them when the tree you built for comparison is in cyrillic.

Frankly i am more interested in how reliable Tatishchev is, not how good a job has been done of putting his work on Geni. Tatishchev is not actually a source in himself, without any existing copies of the Ioachim Chronicle it is really not relevant what Tatishchev says because there is no way to check him. From what i have read Tatishchev is not well regarded by professional genealogists or historians so i am beginning to think that building the MP based on his writing is not the best thing we can do for Geni and it's users.

8/15/2018 at 5:43 AM

Very useful, thanks Alex.

8/15/2018 at 6:17 AM

А почему эта работа 1953 года для Вас является источником? Учите русский язык! Я высылаю всем желающим полные тексты Нестора и Татищева в электронном формате, адаптированном для электронного перевода! alex-ru-spb@mail.ru

8/15/2018 at 6:41 AM

This is a translation, not a source. Why do you object to it?

8/15/2018 at 6:46 AM

Я не возражаю против перевода, но это не полный перевод! Я предлагаю сравнить тексты и родословные схемы!

8/15/2018 at 7:04 AM

I think that's the intention. There seems to duplication occurring so Curators are trying prevent that happening.

8/15/2018 at 7:08 AM

А вы в какой области специалисты?

8/15/2018 at 7:14 AM

For example, this looks like a duplicate G.Prince of Kiev Sviatopolk Michael Iziaslavich, II of G.Prince of Kiev Sviatopolk Michael Iziaslavich, II that you created yesterday.

8/15/2018 at 7:33 AM

And this Rurik of Novgorod, Grand Duke a duplicate for Rurik of Novgorod, Grand Duke that you created two day's ago. Please just add the Russian language translations into the original profile.

8/15/2018 at 7:38 AM

Государство Украина в 11 веке существовало?
The state of Ukraine in the 11th century existed?

8/15/2018 at 7:42 AM

ruler of Kievan Rus' Igor 'the Old' is ruler of Kievan Rus' Igor 'the Old'. Duplicate created a couple of days ago.

8/15/2018 at 7:44 AM

I don't understand why you're telling me that. Sorry :-(

8/15/2018 at 7:49 AM

На сайте Geni я создаю русскоязычные профили своих предков, кровных родственников и членов их семей! К каждому созданному профилю я прикладываю документ на русском языке в качестве источника! Прошу не заниматься русофобией!

On the Geni website I create Russian-language profiles of my ancestors, blood relatives and their families! To each created profile I attach a document in Russian as a source! Please do not engage in Russophobia!

8/15/2018 at 8:01 AM

Это профили ваших предков? Вы являетесь специалистами по русской истории?

Is the profiles of your ancestors? Are you experts in Russian history?

8/15/2018 at 8:03 AM

Alexander Eliseev, you're knowingly creating duplicates. Why?

8/15/2018 at 8:08 AM

By the way, Igor is my 32nd great grandfather at the moment - although I have no idea whether there are reliable sources for his descent line at all.

8/15/2018 at 8:14 AM

Я создаю русскоязычные профили своих предков и кровных родственников на основании ряда документов и книг! Те профили на которые Вы ссылаетесь содержат огромное количество ошибок и фиктивных родственных связей! Сверьте их хоть с англоязычной родословной схемой, которую я выделил из англоязычной публикации 1953 года и добавил в качестве изображения в этот проект!

8/15/2018 at 8:22 AM

I create Russian-speaking profiles of their ancestors and blood relatives on the basis of a number of documents and books! Those profiles to which you refer contain a huge number of errors and fictitious family ties! Check them at least with the English genealogical scheme, which I have identified from English-language publications in 1953 and added in the images in this project!

8/15/2018 at 8:24 AM

Use the Russian language option provided by geni. Deliberately duplicating already existing profiles is frowned on by geni.

Add sources to the original profiles and start Discussions from them if you disagree with their use of sources. The book copy you have added as a source appears to be from the 19th Century? This is not a primary source and it doesn't appear to cite primary sources.

The project you're adding them to quotes Medlands and Wikipedia as saying that contemporary sources from Rurik's time are patchy.

8/15/2018 at 8:40 AM

То что Вы мне рекомендуете, я делал на протяжении двух лет! Я не имею технической возможности добавить на сайт книгу более 50 страниц! Вы должны понимать, что существуют научные печатные издания, которые допустимо цитировать и на которые можно ссылаться! Я могу прикладывать тексты на древнерусском языке, но кто их будет читать? Ссылаться на Medlands и Wikipedia у нас даже школьникам и студентам не разрешают!

8/15/2018 at 8:50 AM

Quote and reference the original sources if you want to disagree.
Please stop deliberately duplicating profiles on the world tree.

8/15/2018 at 9:05 AM

То что вы сейчас сделали это вандализм, русофобия и нацизм! Вы волонтер и не забывайте про это! Я буду вынужден подать жалобу на Ваши действия администрации сайта Geni!

What you just did is vandalism, Russophobia, and Nazism! You are a volunteer and do not forget about it! I will be forced to file a complaint against your actions to the Geni site administration!

8/15/2018 at 9:23 AM

Шарон! Вы не обладаете элементарными знаниями русской истории и гордитесь своим невежеством! Это нацизм! Это позор!

Sharon! You do not have basic knowledge of Russian history and are proud of your ignorance! It's Nazism! It's a shame!

8/15/2018 at 10:13 AM

I merged your profiles into the world tree - that is the point of the one world tree. If you don't want that that to happen, you need to stop deliberately duplicating profiles you know are already there.
I'm ignoring the racial slurs, but will report you if you continue.

8/15/2018 at 10:38 AM

Сначала порядок наведите в "мировом древе", а затем объединяйте! Существующее древо потомков Рюрика создавалось хаотично и в результате содержит огромное количество фиктивных профилей и вымышленных родственных связей! Спутаны поколения, в профили содержат недостоверную информацию! Исправьте! Удалите все лишнее! Тогда и дубликатов профилей станет меньше! Созданные мной профили и так находились в мировом древе, а дубликатов профилей и без этого в "мировом древе" существует огромное количество!

8/15/2018 at 10:51 AM

Start Discussions from the existing profiles on the one world tree so that the other managers can get involved. That is the point of the world tree.

Showing 1-30 of 37 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion