Jacobus Marthinus Barnard - Sources?

Started by Sharon Doubell on Friday, September 28, 2018
Showing all 19 posts
9/28/2018 at 12:03 PM

What are the Sources for this profile?

Jacobus Marthinus Barnard I am not the manager of this one. but see that there are Myheritage merges connected to it

Private User
9/29/2018 at 11:52 PM

I believe I created this profile in 2016 whilst completing a tree for someone, so word of mouth including the specific birth date. I could never find his parents - however since there has been activities by you two :) on this profile so the question really is what is your sources!! ????

9/30/2018 at 12:09 AM

We've been working in this area on other Barnards, getting sources to untangle a line. No reason to think this doesn't belong here, but battling to source it. I thought you must have created it from sources and might remember which.

9/30/2018 at 10:56 AM

I'm in awe of your deciphering skills :-) As far as I can see this guy was born in 1077! :-) You're going to have to read it for me :-)

10/1/2018 at 12:07 PM

Definitely 1877
Jacobus Marthinus geb (? 13 or 23) Jun 1877 ged 28 May 1878 (on previous page)
Father: Marthinus Christoffel Barnard (could be mistaken for Kerstoffel but C is very faint)
Mother: Hester Helena Louisa Vorster
Witnesses: Jac M Barnard; S M Pietersen; J E Botha; E M Barnard
Birth date overwritten so difficult to read. Hope I have my initials correct!

10/2/2018 at 4:26 AM

Different farm too.

10/3/2018 at 1:23 PM

Private User - I'm going to change it.

10/3/2018 at 1:31 PM

Marthinus Christoffel Barnard and Hester Helena Louisa Barnard

Please add the records in this Discussion to the appropriate profiles.

Private User
10/3/2018 at 11:16 PM

Thanks Sharon Doubell and Martin and Charlette Louise Hoppe for your efforts!

Private User
10/4/2018 at 12:57 AM

"Dries" :)

I have been to Swakop to buy groceries with my meagre pension. So if i have missed something please bring it to my attention. It some times look like we are busy with three discussions over the same thing.

One sometimes have to accept things as they are. 1.Children cant chose their parents. 2
parents have to accept that which they brought on themselves.

Sorry if I am at the wrong part of the discussion. I cant find the others isnt this the same one as the one we are discussing.? Martinus Kerstoffel Barnard

10/4/2018 at 11:55 AM

Sorry, Dries - I see that partial tree you posted halfway up this Discussion is the profiles I just added : Hester Helena Louisa Barnard and Marthinus Christoffel Barnard.
I don't know why geni isn't showing matches. I'll merge them.

I don't know about the Marthinus CB in your above post.

I have reported direct to you via our private line:)

Showing all 19 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion