Berry Gordy Jr. - Music & Presidents

Started by Private User on Friday, February 22, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Photo by Justin Hoch for the Hudson Union Society. Licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic license. Via Wikimedia Commons at https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:RaquelWelchApr2010(2).jpg
    Geni member
  • Geni member
  • Geni member
  • Source: https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/person/tree/155287161/person/252077699461/facts
    Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 83 posts
Private User
2/22/2019 at 9:39 AM

Berry Gordy, Jr. , founder of the Motown record label, is a second cousin of Jimmy Carter, 39th President of the United States .

Gordy's daughter Hazel was once married to Jermaine Jackson .

Gordy also had a daughter with Motown artist and Supremes singer Diana Ross .

Ross also has a son Evan Ross who is married to singer Ashlee Simpson , who is the younger sister of Jessica Simpson .

President Carter's niece married news commentator Van Jones who served as President Barack Obama's Special Advisor for Green Jobs.

Barack H. Obama, 44th President of the USA is a 3rd cousin 9 times removed of James Madison, 4th President of the United States , 4th cousin 3 times removed of Lyndon B. Johnson, 36th President of the United States and 6th cousin 2 times removed of ubiquitous actor Kevin Bacon .

President Carter is also a 6th cousin of Richard Nixon, 37th President of the United States and a 6th cousin once removed of Elvis Presley .

Elvis' daughter Lisa Marie Presley once married Michael Jackson .

Private User
2/22/2019 at 10:33 AM

Little me in Sweden could find a connection to them all.

2/22/2019 at 12:42 PM

Hello "little me" Ulf Martinsson!!! You have some BIG ancestors. This is our common ancestor.....

Håkon V Magnusson, King of Norway

Nice to meet you cousin,

2/23/2019 at 2:01 PM

ALL the President's are related. I have had this on my web for over a decade. I have a connection to Trump via Maples, but not direct that I uncovered. Carter is my 3rd cousin.

http://www.leesofvirginia.org/Presidents_Related.html

2/23/2019 at 6:40 PM

Not ALL the presidents. Woodrow Wilson isn't. If you can show me HIS connection to the other presidents, I would love to see it. ANY direct blue line should make me blood to ALL presidents.

Private User
2/23/2019 at 7:18 PM

Every President is related to each other Diana Collins. It's common knowledge that they are all related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDTYVw85Vdg

I'm also related to everyone of them. Some close as in 3rd cousin and on down to 11th or so cousins.

2/23/2019 at 7:27 PM

SHOW ME HIS PATH

2/23/2019 at 8:00 PM

I take offense to your statement "It's common knowledge....".

https://integrity.mit.edu/handbook/citing-your-sources/what-common-...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_knowledge

There have been many things that human beings have believed in....mainly because the majority of others have "said" it was so. Just as scientists have been wrong about certain things, so can be doctors, political leaders, genealogists, you, me, ..... a lot of people have been WRONG about Woodrow Wilson's tree. When is the last time you have looked into it?

Private User
2/23/2019 at 8:07 PM

Are you serious ? If you took offense to a non-offensive saying that I said with no malice then that's your problem. I was explaining to you what MOST people who have been into genealogy already know. I guess I was wrong in thinking that you knew your genealogy. So I apologize.

You telling Jacqueli Charlene Finley that she was wrong could be taken as offensive as well. I don't have to show you anything. Do your on research. I have better things to do than to argue with anyone. Good luck. Look into that!

Private User
2/23/2019 at 8:09 PM

And while you're at it, act your age and grow up!

2/23/2019 at 8:47 PM

Saying is true....you can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family.Too bad, my cousin, because I would not choose you. Too bad YOU don't know YOUR genealogy...

https://www.geni.com/path/Woodrow-Wilson-28th-President-of-the-Unit...

Nope....sorry....don't see a blue path!

Wasn't telling Jacqueli she was wrong.....the researchers were wrong for many, many, years on Woodrow's Wilson line. I would think that she would appreciate me showing her the common ancestor with Donald Trump.

You can comment whatever you want back to me....I will not waste another moment of my time with the likes of you. You can talk to the hand.

2/24/2019 at 8:16 AM

You (Jacqueli Finley)
→ Claudia Inez Mauk
your mother → Claud Bosworth Mauk
her father → Claud Mauk
his father → Ella Caledonia Lee
his mother → Sarah "Sallie" Beckworth
her mother → Caroline E. Carter
her mother → Ann Carter
her mother → Abel Ansley
her father → Rebecca Cox
his mother → Mary Coward
her sister → Dr. John Coward
her husband → Deliverence Fitzrandolph
his sister → Isaac Randolph
her son → Rebecca Longstreet Axson
his daughter → Samuel Edward Axson, Rev.
her son → Ellen Louise Wilson, First Lady
his daughter → Woodrow Wilson, 28th President of the United States
her husband

2/24/2019 at 8:21 AM

I said Diana Collins that so far my only connection that I have found to Trump is via Maples (his ex-wife Marla Maples).

Diana Collins you are my 10th cousin so you can rest assured if you ARE related to ALL the presidents as I am (as my family tree is now DNA confirmed) then you are related to Woodrow Wilson also. But I must say that your reaction is a bit much.

You (Jacqueli Finley)
→ Claudia Inez Mauk
your mother → Claud Bosworth Mauk
her father → Charlotte Bosworth
his mother → Henrietta Lenora Rogers
her mother → Laura Henrietta McCrary
her mother → Isaac McCrary
her father → Anna McCrary
his mother → Capt. John Taliaferro
her father → Capt. Richard Taliaferro
his father → Zachariah Taliaferro
his father → John "The Ranger" Taliaferro
his father → Richard "the Pirate" Taliaferro
his brother → Sarah Turner
his daughter → Mary Elson
her daughter → Richard Turner Elson
her son → James Elson
his son → Matilda Elson
his daughter → William M Wilson
her son → Margaret I. Wilson
his daughter → Orville Collins
her son → Bernard Lloyd Collins
his son → Diana Collins
his daughter

2/24/2019 at 8:25 AM

But I am please to have the path to President Trump now via my Stewart line. Thank you!

2/24/2019 at 9:00 AM

I will have to update my website ... again thank you Diana Collins !!!!!!

You (Jacqueli Finley)
→ Jack Harry Finley
your father → Orbrie Dee Finley
his father → Willie Lou Finley
his mother → John Wesley Finley
her father → James Hamilton Finley
his father → James Edward Finley, Jr.
his father → James Edwin Finley, Sr.,
his father → Rev. Samuel Finley, Pres.of the College of New Jersey (Princeton)
his father → Michael Finley
his father → Robert Finley
his father → John Finley
his father → Elizabeth Warrender
his mother → Christian Arbuthnott
her mother → Robert Arbuthnott of that Ilk
her father → Jean Stewart
his mother → John Stewart, 2nd Earl of Atholl
her brother → Lady Elizabeth Stewart
his daughter → Sir Colin Cam Mackenzie, 11th of Kintail, Clan Chief
her son → Sir Roderick Mackenzie of Castle Leod
his son → Kenneth Mackenzie, 1st of Scatwell
his son → Isabel Macleod
his daughter → Donald "Old Trojan" MacLeod
her son → Donald MacLeod
his son → John Finlay MacLeod
his son → Alexander MacLeod
his son → Ann MacLeod
his daughter → Malcolm (Calum) MacLeod
her son → Mary Anne Trump
his daughter → Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the USA
her son

2/24/2019 at 10:01 AM

Jacqueli,

You are welcomed pertaining to the path to Donald Trump. I too was showing a connection to him via a path thru Marla Maples. It wasn't until I started using the push pin from my different great and great-great grandparents that I found my path to Donald Trump. You and I are not only blood thru the Taliaferro line (my dad's side, our common ancestor, my 9th great grandfather Robert "The Immigrant" Taliaferro ), we are also blood thru the Stewart line (my mom's side, our common ancestor, my 15th great grandfather John Stewart, 1st Earl of Atholl ).

Private User
2/24/2019 at 10:03 AM

Woodrow has lately been cut off wrong ancestors, because they were just wrong, earlier I too had a blue line to him, but now instead, I have a blue line to his both his wifes and his children.

2/24/2019 at 10:27 AM

Do not rely on Geni - it is a fluent tree and changes often - a problem with these types on genealogy platforms ... my tree has often been disconnected by mis-guided individuals who base genealogy on their opinions not always the truth.

DNA plus GEDMatch Genisis has been a wonderful tool for me and my family members to verify our tree, especially the triangulation tools and the specific generation targeting. I grew weary of those who would say here on Geni when presented with DNA facts of certain lines that were disconnected incorrectly that the common ancestors must have been ancient (thousands of years ago) when GEDMatch Genesis targets the ancestral matches down to the generation that would be within 6 to 8 or less.

Take for instance John Lee, Esquire (my DAR Patriot) son of Richard Henry Lee, grandson of Col. Richard Lee - I match many of Richard Henry Lee's DNA descendants as I should as 3 or 4th cousins who also descend from Richard Henry Lee but the curators refuse to reconnect John Lee Esquire to his parents Richard Henry Lee and Mary Young because of bogus information from Dennis Lee and the Lee DNA Surname Project he runs that gives a specific Y-DNA for the LOV lines ... which all cannot be verified. I have gone round and round about this here on Geni and they still refuse to reconnect, and have locked me out of the profiles which I now have DNA confirmed so that I can correct. Oh well ... I will probably chastised (again) for stating the facts. I have had one particular user target my lines and disconnect, and she also destroyed the MacBeth descent lines even though new historic evidence and DNA evidence has verified these lines.

Oh well what can we do, it seems sometimes a 'popularity contest' here - lots of bullies ... But still got to love genealogy! REGARDLESS <3 Pardon my venting ... but I know the truth will prevail in the long run. Thank goodness that there are more here on Geni who love genealogy and history preservation than those who have personal agendas and progressive views on history.

BTW - John Taliaferro is one of our family's DAR supplemental Patriots.

Again @Diana Collins - It is nice to meet you cousin!

private
2/24/2019 at 11:06 AM

Agree on the bullies around here, Jacqueli! LOL. We're cousins through Forbes. Nice to meet you.

2/24/2019 at 11:20 AM

:) Nice to meet you too cousin.

No worries. I think internationally that bullying online is getting the crackdown, especially on social network platforms, even genealogy sites like this one.

2/24/2019 at 12:27 PM

Jacqueli,

It is ok to vent. If we don't, we would be like a pressure cooker with a clogged up toggle valve. You know what happens then.

If you read the discussions on the following profiles, you will see why the Wilson line changed.....

Judge James Wilson

Thomas Woodrow Wilson, 28th President of the United States

I too had an all blue line to Woodrow Wilson when he was connected to the wrong Wilson ancestors. That OTHER Wilson line is the one that descends from....

Alfonso VII the Emperor, King of Castile and Leon

https://www.geni.com/path/Alfonso-VII-the-Emperor-King-of-Castile-a...

My path....

https://www.geni.com/path/Diana+is+related+to+Alfonso-VII-the-Emper...

Alfonso the common ancestor for all Presidents.... except Woodrow Wilson.

Look at the following....if you haven't seen it already.....

https://www.geni.com/discussions/160684

2/24/2019 at 1:59 PM

The debunk of Woodrow Wilson’s Ancestry is pretty recent: 2014 in a Published research article. I don’t think it’s gotten enough widespread coverage.

Judge James Wilson

From “Reconsidering the immigration story of President Woodrow Wilson’s Paternal Grandparents.” By Erick Montgomery, NGSQ, March 2014, pages 25-44 http://www.wilsonboyhoodhome.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Reconsi...

Conclusion President Woodrow Wilson’s grandfather, James Wilson, immigrated tothe United States by 1797, at least ten years earlier than the date presidentialbiographers have claimed for more than a century. James likely immigrated with his mother, Margaretta, who was born in 1757–58 and died in Steubenville, Ohio, in 1820. James, perhaps with Margaretta, came to Philadelphia before1806. President Wilson’s grandmother, Ann (Adams) Wilson, likely immigrated with her parents, John—not David—and Mary Adams, also by 1797. James, an infant in 1787, was not apprenticed that year in Strabane. Discounting Strabane, in county Tyrone, adds credibility to the family’s repeated, though inconsistent, reports of origin in county Down.

2/24/2019 at 2:15 PM

SO ... since I am related, by blood, to all the US Presidents, including President Woodrow Wilson (under the newly debunked and corrected version of his family tree) then Woodrow Wilson IS related to the rest of the Presidents through my family tree (me) so concluding ALL US Presidents are related including Trump (thank you cousin Diana) and if you are related to me Diana Collins then you would be related to ALL of the US Presidents too. :-) ... just saying ...

2/24/2019 at 2:18 PM

Erica Howton thank you for the info - my connection to Wilson is via my Carter/Ansley line, to him, not through his ancestors.

2/24/2019 at 2:23 PM

Thank you Erica.....my mentor (and cousin)....who taught me the technique of the ole "push pin".

2/24/2019 at 2:44 PM

She does wear the white hat our cousin Erica ... :-)

Private User
2/24/2019 at 5:17 PM
Private User
2/24/2019 at 5:18 PM
Showing 1-30 of 83 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion