Marcomir I, King of the Franks at Cologne - Marcomir's Father.

Started by Elliot.V.Kelsey on Tuesday, September 22, 2020
Showing all 8 posts
9/22/2020 at 5:27 PM

Hello, I saw that it's claimed that Marcomir's father, Chlodio IV, is fictional. So I want to know the proof that he does not exist and I also want to see the proof that he does exist because at this point I'm at a dead end.

9/22/2020 at 5:56 PM

There is a very good explanation in his Overview.

9/22/2020 at 10:03 PM

Duisburg in Thuringia???????? In the 5th century??

9/23/2020 at 4:28 AM

does any one know how to correct the 40 odd inconsistencies on Marcomir's profile .. looking tells me hes my 48th great grandfather but thats way to long ago to be certain ...

J P Weyers
9/23/2020 at 4:40 AM

Believe these ' royal grt grandparents ' just an amusing GENI thing to create an interest .
Most of the info and family myth and hollywood fantasy. Even History professors and professional accredited Geneologists from different Universities and Countries will argue for different info and even each present their own varying proof

J P Weyers
9/23/2020 at 5:06 AM

" In later legend he was the son of Chlodio IV, a fictitious person invented to give this family a descent from the kings of Troy. "
This says it all ; how most 'royalty ' claim royal ancestry even today : get a publicist involved and create the myth .......................................................................................
How many " common " ancestors have "royalty ' had through the ages ?
How many "royal 'ancestors have 'commoners ' had through the ages ?

9/24/2020 at 12:53 AM

hello Phillipp .. it seems I am distanly blood related to both you and your husband.. Welcome to the family

J P Weyers
9/24/2020 at 12:58 AM

Thx Colleen
Also have Marcomir as a grt grandparents I saw.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion