Ingeltrude of The Franks of Orleans - Several consistency issues with family

Started by Keri Denise Jackson, ♊ Twin "A", GEDMATCH GQ346442C1 on Saturday, September 26, 2020
Showing all 9 posts

Consistency Check:
More than 22 year age difference between Ingeltrude of The Franks of Orleans and her husband Odo I, count of Orléans.
Beatrix of Orleans born before the birth of her mother Ingeltrude of The Franks of Orleans.
Guillaume, comte d'Orléans born before the birth of his mother Ingeltrude of The Franks of Orleans.
Ruggero, Count of Auriata born after the death of his mother Ingeltrude of The Franks of Orleans.
Gebhard I, Graf im Niederlahngau born after the death of his father Odo I, count of Orléans.
Ruggero, Count of Auriata born after the death of his father Odo I, count of Orléans.

10/3/2020 at 1:28 AM

c) [ENGELTRUDIS . The wife of Eudes is named by Nithard who records "Hirmentrude, daughter of Odo and Ingiltrud" as the wife of Charles[107]. However, the Annales Bertiniani suggest that she was the sister of Adalhard [III] (and therefore maybe the daughter of Liuthard) when they record that "Carlomannus, Hlodowici regis Germaniæ" sought refuge with "Adalardo, Yrmintrudis reginæ avunculo, suo autem propinquo" after he was banished by his father following his rebellion in 861[108]. m [as his second wife,] EUDES Comte d'Orléans, son of --- ([770/80]-killed in battle [Touraine] Jun 834).]

Comte Eudes & his [second] wife had one child:

c) ERMENTRUDIS (27 Sep [830]-Saint-Denis 6 Oct 869, bur église de l'abbaye royale de Saint-Denis). The Annales Bertiniani record the marriage in 842 of "Ermendrud neptem Adalardi comitis" and "Karolus" at "Carisiacum palatium"[146]. Nithard names "Hirmentrude, daughter of Odo and Ingiltrud" as wife of Charles[147]. She was crowned in Aug 866 at Saint-Médard de Soissons. After she was separated from her husband, she retired to a monastery. The Annales Bertiniani record the death "869 II Non Oct in monasterio Sancti Dyonisii" of "Hyrmentrudem uxorem suam [=Karoli]" and her burial at Saint-Denis[148]. The Obituaire de Notre-Dame de Paris records the death "Non Oct" of "Irmentrudis regina uxor Caroli"[149]. The necrology of the abbey of Saint-Denis records the death "Non Oct" of "Hirmentrudis regina"[150]. m (Quierzy, Aisne 13 Dec 842, separated 867) as his first wife, CHARLES II “le Chauve” King of the West Franks, son of Emperor LOUIS I "le Pieux" & his second wife Judith [Welf] (Frankfurt-am-Main 13 Jun 823-Avrieux or Brides-les-Bains, Savoie 6 Oct 877, bur Nantua Abbey, transferred to église de l'abbaye royale de Saint-Denis). He was crowned Emperor CHARLES II in 875. http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/FRANKISH%20NOBILITY.htm#EudesOrlean...

10/3/2020 at 1:34 AM

so
ENGELTRUDIS
possibly daughter of LIUTHARD Comte de Fézensac & his wife Grimhild
x as his 2nd wife Comte Eudes
One child: ERMENTRUDIS (27 Sep [c830]-Saint-Denis 6 Oct 869)

Will remove other children, as well dates for her - which we do not appear to have

10/3/2020 at 1:39 AM
10/3/2020 at 1:40 AM
10/3/2020 at 1:41 AM
10/3/2020 at 1:43 AM
10/3/2020 at 9:38 PM

:-)

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion