House of Names

Started by Private User on Monday, November 2, 2020
Showing all 2 posts
Private User
11/2/2020 at 9:46 AM

I just posted my first article and noted that House of Names was listed as a resource. House of Names is nothing more than a bucket shop used for selling coats of arms and other paraphernalia, much of which are incorrect. They don’t show sourcing for the information they present as factual. I know for a fact regarding coats of arms because it is a side bar hobby of mine that many of their arms are incorrect. Many of the people I discusses issues surrounding this hobby, experts in the field, have a very low if not derogatory opinion of such places.

It’s not my place but I would not list them as a resource if the project is to maintain credibility.

11/2/2020 at 10:04 AM

Hi Private User, thanks for your first post, and for a starded a discussion. I created a this project page how we all Curators and other Geni users have on the one place, so anybody can free update, add and change in the description of project. Of course a project need to have and maintain credibility. How you said previously, just delete or add a note how a other users how other users may be familiar with about that what you mentioned: that they have a lots of inccorrect Coat of Arms and infomations in content on their site.

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion