Agnes (Northend) Emery - Disputed parents

Started by Erica Howton on Wednesday, November 18, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
11/18/2020 at 3:03 PM

https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/LKDS-B6N

The identity of the wife of John Emery (buried in 1627) of Romsey, Hampshire, England, is not known. Secondary sources record it as Ann, Agnes, Agnes Northend, Margery, and Mary. Her name is not recorded in the christening entries for her children in the Romsey parish register. She may or may not be the Margery Emery buried 14 September 1610 in Romsey. She may or may not be the Ann Emery buried 1 November 1626 in Romsey. The 1890 Emery family history gives her name as Agnes, but provides no source or other justification. The link to Agnes Northend appears to be incorrect as the Northend family resided in Yorkshire rather than Hampshire.

—-

Geni is showing John Northend, III & Alice Ibrook of Yorkshire.

—-
David Lee Kaleita - what say you? Judith "Judi" Elaine (McKee) Burns should we disconnect?

11/18/2020 at 4:05 PM

Erica David Lee Kaleita done the work in this area after i entered the profiles merged etc.

All my emery research is boxed up for the future move - done it to early :-( but with friends lung cancer treatments / radiation treatments; the clean-up of th e 5.3A and the b rebuilding I can just barely keep up if all does not work out I may have to cancel genealogy subscriptions and my loose my A$$ on everything else with this Covid-19 crap going on

11/18/2020 at 4:15 PM

Best wishes that it does work out, Judith "Judi" Elaine (McKee) Burns

And your mind always useful, even without access to your notes.

11/18/2020 at 4:18 PM

I'm afraid I'm in a similar boat. I've traveled south for the winter and I don't have my usual reference material here with me.

I will say this, however: A lot of editing has been done to this area since I last touched it a couple of years ago. I'm good with the disconnect recommendation.

11/18/2020 at 4:46 PM

Parents can always be reconnected. ...

I’ll update the curator note also and move it to the about. The current one reads: “ There are two different people named Agnes Emery (Northend) in the tree, each of whom are shown married to a different John Emery. Please do not confuse this one with the daughter of Ezekial Northend and Edna Halstead.”

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion