Edward Wade of Pittsylvania County - Correcting the tree for Edward Wade & Mary Clements

Started by Erica Howton on Thursday, January 14, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 6 posts
1/14/2021 at 11:11 AM

wendy caldwell Writes:

I will start off with Edward and wife and kids... his wife WAS Mary CLEMENTS. She was not born in Pittsylvania co, it did not exist in the 1720s, nor is there any record of them being married there. There are multiple links between Mary and Peyton Clements who died in Granville co, NC (children of Peyton Clements made purchases at Edw's estate sale in 1791). This is the origin of Peyton Wade's name. Peyton CLEMENTS also had sister Grissell Clements who married William Burford. Again, origin for Grissell Wade's name. Mary Clements was not daughter to Stephen Clements. The given name of Grissell is red flag back to Benjamin Clements and Grissell COLEMAN of Gloucester co, but they are too old to be parents. They were gr parents. The parents of Mary, Peyton and Grissell Clements was Thomas Clements and wife Christiana. Desc of Peyton Clements dna match to George Clements of North Carolina who paper documents specifically as son of Benjamin, AND brother to Thomas Clements.
Once you realize who Mary's parents were, it is glaring that most of the children of Edward Wade/ Mary Clements are in honor of family members. I have identified most of the children to follow this, except Lucy and David.
going to the children of Edward... briefly...
eldest child/ daughter is LUCY WADE. No Lucinda. The Nowlin bio clip says Lucy, and Lucy is also used in Edward's will. Someone made the assumption of Lucy being a nickname for Lucinda, with no reason.
next, David Wade born 1747. David married Agnes Hardy. I believe her father deeded land to them. He WAS NOT David Bingley Wade (who married Sarah Anglin). The 2 are often mixed up because both were in Pendleton district, SC. I found a typed copy of our David's will last night.
next is JAMES WADE, not born ca 1760. He shows on Pittsylvania tithe list in 1767, and died in the Rev. He did not marry. (someone has a fake wife for him). The tithe proves him age 16/ 1767. he is named for James Wade Jr of Hanover co, Edward's father/ his gr father. More on the James Wade proof later.
next, Richard Wade. My presumption is for Richard Wade (wife Grissell) who died in 1757 in Goochland co. James Wade 1697 bought land from Richard in the 1730s.
next, Grissell Wade as mentioned above, born between David Wade 1747 and Peyton Wade born 1755.
next Peyton Wade, born 1755. He left a bible record. will do him separate message.
next Mary Wade born ca 1761. for her mother Mary. married Thomas Burford.
next Edward Wade, married (Nancy Justice??) named for his father
next Thomas Wade, named for Mary Clements father.
next? Christina/ Christiana? Wade for Mary Clements mother
Next? Chloe Wade. Not Echloe as many trees have. namesake not known
next Anna Wade, namesake not known.
must stop, before I hit wrong key and wipe this out. .. oh, I see you removed Virginia Wade Key... good. Not Edwards child.

Wife: Mary Wade

1/14/2021 at 11:35 AM

Grissell Burford (Mary Wade’s sister) attached,

1/14/2021 at 11:44 AM
1/14/2021 at 11:48 AM

The James Wade who married Susannah Wade with child Pleasant Wade does not seem to belong in this family. Do we know where they belong?

1/14/2021 at 11:59 AM

New James Wade created and James Wade who married Susannah Newton disconnected.

1/14/2021 at 12:01 PM

James Wade we do not seem to have know her parents.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion