George William Skipper of Brunswick NC - Launching a review and discussion of George William Skipper....

Started by Susanne Floyd on Saturday, March 27, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

3/27/2021 at 7:02 PM

I am honestly trying to find any records of his existence. George William Skipper of Brunswick NC is supposed to be a contemporary of King Ouraquero, George Skipper, Jr / Cheroenhaka Nottoway Iroquois and I suspect that someone was, but I cannot find any real records in my cursory search. Frankly gedcom imports tell us nothing. I even went on Ancestry and searched for something, anything that would give me a glimmer. Maybe someone can find something with some sources on it, but I cannot.

If he existed, I have real questions about these profiles of his children that need real sources on them, spouses, and children if applicable so others can attach as needed and make connections:

Moses Skipper

Joseph Skipper

Thomas Skipper

Ezekiel Skipper

Nathan Skipper

Silas Skipper (Was he really born in Marlboro Co., SC? That is another branch, perhaps.)

James J Skipper

Jean Skipper

George Francis Skipper

Benjamin Skipper (Did he die in Richmond Co., NC? That indicates another branch connection, perhaps.)

Samuel Skipper (Did he die in Marlboro Co., SC? That indicates another branch connection, perhaps.)

The only child profile that has any real detail and some of it is not consistent with info above is Isaac William Skipper and he is MPd. I don't see a source for the names of his brothers on that profile and would like to see it. Abraham is usually listed with King Ouraquero, George Skipper, Jr / Cheroenhaka Nottoway Iroquois as one of his sons who went to Brunswick and Bladen Counties.

I have heard and read that this line of Skippers moved into the Green Swamp and married into Native Americans of Cheraw, Pee Dee and Lumbee Nations. Whether that is right or wrong, I don't know, but I think we need to work on this project to find out as much as we can. Thanks.

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion