Johan Gottfried Gericke SV/PROG - His birth and baptism

Started by Yvonne Theron on Sunday, May 30, 2021
Showing all 26 posts
5/30/2021 at 10:28 PM

Waarom reageer niemand op 'n dokument wat onteenseglik ouer is as die stertekennis nie? Die doop- en geboortedatum in Harkerode se kerkregister is tog sekerlik genoeg bewys daarvan dat hy 91 jaar oud was in 1837! Waarom sloer met 'n beslissing daaroor?

J P Weyers
5/30/2021 at 11:59 PM

Afrikaans saying : Uitstel afstel ?

5/31/2021 at 1:41 AM

Sulke onbetrokkenheid ontmoedig enigeen om enigsins moeite te doen om meer inligting te bekom! Waarom is daar "managers" en "kurators" as niks gebeur nie??

6/1/2021 at 3:10 AM

Ek het 'n nota onder die "Label" Geboorte datum / Birth date geplaas om aandag op hierdie uitstaande punt te plaas. Ek hoop dit bring meer info en hopelik besluitneming.

Private
6/4/2021 at 3:47 AM

Yvonne Theron. Yvonne ek stem heeltemal saam met jou en weet presies hoe jy voel.

Persoonlik voel ek die dokument van Harkerode is 'n baie beter bewys van die datum as die SK wat vele male deur die bedroefdes verkeerd ingevul kan word.

Ek as kurator is jammer dat ek nie meer kan help nie, maar ook my hande is afgekap tensy ek die almal se samewerking het wat kurators is. Jammer asseblief. Weet versker ek stam saam en wil nie graag geklassifiseer word as iemand wat nie moeite doen nie.

Private User, Chris Steyn, Daan Botes, Herman Booysend, Sharon Doubell, and other SA curators, please help solve thuis very delicate problem.

Yvonne's sources does not come from a book. She wrote a letter to the archives and they sent her the documents in French I think, and they translated it to German, so that is a legal document.

J

6/4/2021 at 5:20 AM

I would just like to clear the following up. The German letters that I received are in their original form, written by the lady who works at the Church Argives in Magdeburg where the baptism records of Harkerode are kept on microfilm. The copy of the microfilm however is in Latin, which I presume was the language they used for church records during that time in history.

The lady translated the relevant Latin part in her letter to me. However, if you know German you can read her full answers to me. Everthing can be seen under 'documents' and 'media' on the profile.

6/4/2021 at 9:07 AM

Your letter from Lena Koch of the - Evangelical Church in Central Germany Landeskirchenarchiv Magdeburg Freiherr-vom-Stein-Str. 47 39108 Magdeburg

directs us to No 12 and transcribes - then translates the following:

Gottfried Gerickens filius natus d. 17. 9bris ren. [Atus] d. 20. ej. [Usdem] Comp. [Atres] 1) Johann Gottlieb (?) 2) Theodorus Jacob Arendt 3) Christina Margaretha Freyerin (?) Nom. Johann Gottfriedt

Gottfried Gericke's son was born on November 17th, christened November 20th. Godparents 1) Johann Gottlieb (?) 2) Theodorus Jacob Arendt 3) Christina Margaretha Freyerin (?) Name Johann Gottfriedt

6/4/2021 at 9:15 AM

Directly after No 13 is a cut off and the beginning of 1747.

If you say, as well, that Ms Koch searched 1741 and found no baptism for Johann Gottfried,

then I'm inclined to agree that a baptism doc at the time of the event is greater proof of birth year, than a death certificate is.

6/4/2021 at 9:19 AM

I have taken the liberty of updating the profile info, so we can have an end to this. I leave it to Judi to change the Curator Note.

6/4/2021 at 1:28 PM

I will pt the full item no 12 and 13 from 1746 on media of his profile, but that quality is not good. It is formed from the full page. Maybe e will still get a better copy later.

6/4/2021 at 11:18 PM

Don't be confused about the 13th baptism. The surname of the father Johann Gottfried .......? on the first line is not Gericke. All the surnames are highlighted and the child's name is on the last line of each baptism: Nom (name). Number 13 is a girl, Maria Cathrina.

Adriaan, do you think No 13 is pertinent? If not - then the version you have already put there is great! Yvonne has put the full one on.

Ahh - thanks Yvonne

6/4/2021 at 11:19 PM

Sharon, thank,you. My thoughts exactly.

6/4/2021 at 11:22 PM

Would both of you put the Ms Koch's transcription and translation under you docs too, for future when people don't see this discussion?

6/5/2021 at 4:59 PM

Done, Sharon. It is a great relief that this discussion is resolved at long last!

6/7/2021 at 4:57 AM

Moet ek die "etiket" wat ek oor sy geboortedatum geplaas het in sy profiel verwyder, of sal ek wag vir die kurator om dit te doen?

Should I remove the "label" I posted about his date of birth in his profile, or will I wait for the curator to do so?

J P Weyers
6/7/2021 at 5:02 AM

Ask JUDI she is the boss !!

J P Weyers
6/7/2021 at 5:06 AM

It does not matter that facts are wrong anyway. We do not want to upset anyone so just leave any old thing as is or do as you told. . I am confused seens only Some are allowed anything and I interfere with profiles I am not directly related to anyway.

6/7/2021 at 5:39 AM

Is it something I've done. Phillipp?

J P Weyers
6/7/2021 at 6:08 AM

Not you Sharon
Judi blatantly accused you and me of just deleteing and changing / disconnecting profiles .
Our actions the REASON so many leave GENI she said .
A damn cheek to accuse us especially you !
I have seen how you ask for sources wait to get people involved and only make a decision then
Judi should apologize !

J P Weyers
6/7/2021 at 6:14 AM

Judith Susanna Hendrika Meyer, Judi - i12j2 C
Today at 12:24 PM

C Raymond Aspach. I am so sorry about the mess.

[Sharon Doubell Sharon Doubell] I have told you about this problem and losing users due to the merging of new duplicate profiles and can only ask Raymond to please leave the line and [Phillipp - Wierus Sicamber Germanus Phillipp - Wierus Sicamber Germanus] too many deletions are going on and that is one of the problems why we are losing users,
because no reason or archival facts are being shown for the reason of deleting and then correcting the information.

I think we must try and sort some other way out for solving problems before just deleting profiles.

Please for Geni's sake.

Judi Judi

NO REASON BEING SHOWN FOR DELETION ???

Will NO longer change or add or be innvolved when I see JUDI there ! She falsely , nastily aqnd blatantly aqccuse me and my actions of being :
[Phillipp - Wierus Sicamber Germanus Phillipp - Wierus Sicamber Germanus] too many deletions are going on and that is one of the problems why we are losing users,

J P Weyers
6/7/2021 at 6:15 AM

Nasty !!

J P Weyers
6/7/2021 at 6:31 AM

----- because no reason or archival facts are being shown for the reason of deleting and then correcting the information. --

Judi really believes this ??

6/7/2021 at 7:52 AM

Oh gosh - that is nasty :-(

Showing all 26 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion