Started by Wilbert A Lee on Monday, July 19, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 20 posts

I have DNA match to this surname Dunham, did'n
know where ancestor link coming from.
Geni link Samuel McCalla my second great grandfather.
to Dr. Stanley Ann Dunham my second cousin .
Father Stanley Armour Dunham
Mother of President Barack Hussein Obama, Jr.
Is this on the right track.

Wilbert Lee- good to hear from you and yes - confirmed my link to Dunham family as well

Good morning,

I have a large tree on Ancestry.com which I have worked on for 5 years. Currently my subscription has lapsed.

i have connection through Edward FitzRandolph of Princeton NJ 1700's, back to Thomas Blossom of Mayflower Group that fled England to Leiden Holland. He arrived on later sailing on Mayflower around 1627.

We also have connections through Lee (Leigh) in 1500's England to follow to Lee family of Va, and 2 Lee signers of the Declaration of Independence.

Jane Lanterman..aka Jane Lanterman Shaw

shaw.sea.sd@gmail.com

San Diego Ca

I am connected as well, via the Welborn line.
She is my 6th cousin.

This particular Dunham line was originally surnamed, "Singletary", but for some reason one of the patriarchs changed his name to "Dunham". True story, it has been checked out by myself and others.

Jonathan Dunham

Wilbert A Lee, here's the path I'm seeing from you to Dr. Stanley Ann Dunham:

Dr. Stanley Ann Dunham is Wilbert ALONZO Lee's second cousin twice removed's wife's niece's husband's third great aunt's husband's great niece's husband's third great niece.

So that is through in-laws, not blood relationships. Geni finds no blood relationship between you and Dr. Stanley Ann Dunham.

I should add that your in-law path to Dr. Stanley Ann Dunham is also not on her Dunham side; it's on her mother's side, through the Payne family.

Wilbert. Common names with me...Lee/Leigh, Cunningham, Ward, Bryan/Bryant,...

now that does surprise me ... blood relative to Barack Obama who would have thought it

Colleen Dorothy Maunsell, I am DNA matched to President Obama but through his mother. (Ann Dunham) . I matched her male line all the way back to the 1500s. And I match with every Autosomal Family member provided by Geni under the DNA tabs and hyperlinks.

I do not know President Obama's Y-haplogroup but I sure would like to know. Haplogroups are the keys to the doors of humanity. Haplogroups are timeless. There is no

My haplogroup is L1c2b1. It does not tell you if I am Brittish, Spanish Egyption or African. White - Green - or Blue. And it certainly does not care about class, rank or surnames.

I could not get a blood match on President Obama. Just an In-Law match. None of Obama's family relatives have DNA available for Family Finder matching. I find that disappointing. People have the right to opt out of Family Finder matching.

Geni was unable to find a path for a DNA blood match with me with President Obama, President Obama's father or Wilbert ALONZO Lee. But here is the good news. I do get a positive match with several of ALONZO Lee french relatives listed on his profile and I will test a few more. Perhaps Geni can now find a DNA blood related path to my first Kenyan relative and to Dr. Ann Dunham.

Note this line from the former president's DNA tab:

Currently, Barack H. Obama, 44th President of the USA has no DNA test results on Geni and there are no relatives with DNA test results that can be propagated to his profile.

Due to this, there is no way to have a DNA match to him or to either of his parents.

Also, keep in mind what we established previously: Mr. Lee has an in-law path to Dr. Dunham, through several different in-law connections, and not a blood match.

We know that everyone on earth is related in some way or another, so the odds are good that every single one of us commenting here has a blood connection to the Obamas somewhere way back. But there's currently no way to prove that through DNA, at least not on Geni.

My great grandmother was Isabella Dunham born in the Woodbridge NJ area. Descended from a Jonathan Singletary Dunham

so am not sure what Vanessa Brooks is trying to tell me or why ... I mentioned I was amazed that Geni tells me I am blood cousins with Barack Obama ..... should I also mention Geni tells me I am also Blood cousins with Michelle Obama .. not bad I think they are both amazing people

Colleen Dorothy Maunsell I was only sharing some thoughts seeing that you are a cousin with me also. I did not get a match with Michelle Obama. I think she is amazing. Wish I had. But I did get a match with you !!! And you are also amazing. Hugs.

Ashley Odell. Can you tell me when you click on the DNA tab of a profile and you see Family Finder living relative profiles attached. Are those matched because Blood Related by DNA?

And when you click on the DNA tab on any profile and then click on any of the three hyperlinks that propagate Autosomal, Mitichondrial or Y-Chromosome DNA matches that if there are any will be attached. Are those also Blood Related matches? Am I misunderstanding the Geni intent of this tool? Please help me understand.

Share this with you.

Geni Link to my
Family tree DNA
Wilbert Lee
Son Garfield Lee
Niece Antoinette Lee
Nephew Donovan Lee

DNA propagated to Albert leigh
Albert leigh is presumed to carry DNA
based on test results from other
relatives in the family tree:
E-M2 from 1 relative
Wilbert Lee
grandson E-M2 from Y-67

Ancestry DNA
Jennifer 5th-8 Cousin
Relatives
John Dunham
Birth
1589 Nottinghamshire England
Thomas Dunham
Birth
1560 Nottinghamshire England
Eunice Singletary Dunham
1702–1760

Private User... Welcome to the family .. you match on my fathers side
and thanks for the compliment .. right back at you
yes I had hoped the Michelle would run for president she seems very capable of doing the job...

I can only envision Michelle as Barrack's "rock". His soulmate. It is as it was meant to be. I was really hoping they would make a boy baby while in the White House. I would be okay with a surrogate in vitro mother or a test tube baby but...for 8-years....millions shared that dream. It didn't happen as it was not meant to be. But that would have been something.

I see another rising star who just might be the first female President of the United States. But First we gotta hope she gets her "groove" back. Like in Harry met Sally. Then we will need to create a third party. How about....uPP. Kinda catchy. I made it up just now.. united Peoples' Party. Who knows...she may not even be born yet but I imagine her to get her training from legends. Colleen, I'm just your silly cousin who spend too much time daydreaming. LOL

@Wilbert Alonzo Lee

You look like Barrack. That's the 15% Kenyan in my DNA talking. The surname KING and CAIN appear all around you when I touch your profile. I cannot put my finger on it yet. I am getting close. (I love solving mysteries)

Private User

Maybe I can help you understand DNA test results on Geni. Because it’s not showing you what you think it. Is.

Geni has a relationship with FamilyTreeDNA, and If we upload our results, it finds relatives who match on your DNA tab, who have also tested and uploaded. So you only have one current match according to your tab: fourth cousin. That’s it.

We show a “tree” relationship that’s interesting - Vanessa Brooks is your fourth great aunt's fourth great niece.

https://www.geni.com/path/Erica-Howton+is+related+to+Vanessa-Brooks?from=363677820350011581&path_type=inlaw&to=6000000084961289073

Showing all 20 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion