Rasso VII van Gavere, seigneur de Chèvres - Carl Gustav Verbraeken (C)

Started by Livio Scremin on Monday, July 19, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 4 posts
7/19/2021 at 6:55 PM

Hi Livio,

The van Gavere tree is very complex, many many mistakes have already been made because there were no dates directly in the first name field. These are meant to be temporary and will be removed when the tree is stabilised, which is definitely not the case now..
I am helping curator David Bigelow who is especially studying this tree, it needs very much explaining the linguistic and geographical issues.
I hope we can succeed one day to finish this important work.
(All ggf&ggm’s)

Private User
7/19/2021 at 7:51 PM

Livio,

I must echo what Carl says. Regarding the difficulty, there are 34 gentlemen named Rasse in this family van Gavere across the different branches from the mid 10th century to the mid 14th century, and some later. Additionally, there are gentlemen named Rasse from other families who married daughters in the Gavre line. And there is at least one generation where there are brothers named Rasse!

Further, confusion has been inbred into the current community trees including Geni due to multiple individual numbering systems, and previous Geni users have been caught up in this confusion and have tried to adapt by naming, for example, Rasse I (IV), a convention that is not historically supported.

Keeping these gentlemen straight is extremely difficult and we have been and we are still wrestling with an acceptable means to do this, and while this approach is currently intended as temporary it may or may not be final depending on how we are able to differentiate 34 successive profiles. We are looking at other options and methodologies.

Finally, new research on this family is much different from and much more consequential in many generations than traditional genealogy has been and Geni now shows, and there are many many changes that need to be effected.

7/20/2021 at 2:55 PM

please, specify "new search"
(not yet online DIY Genealanet I hope, right?)
Do you mean the primary sources of ML that I have pasted around ?
-http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/FLEMISH%20NOBILITY.htm#RasoIXGavred... ?
[but if so, you 2 professional pros wouldn't have covered the X of Raso van Gaveren, Liedekerke, Breda, Kruibeke en Lombeke ]

because if are using others, I see dozens and dozens of modifications but none of writing in the info-about .. rather I still see profiles highlighted with COA with nothing written inside T.T

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion