William Henry Richardson - Problem with this profile....

Started by Susanne Floyd on Friday, August 27, 2021
Problem with this page?

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 22 posts
8/27/2021 at 5:43 AM

What sources are there for William Richardson marrying Rebecca Richardson ?

According to the DAR William Richardson of VA and Marion County, SC married XX and Nancy Ann Richardson

No sources for the middle name Henry, death in Abbeville, or connection to parents Ruler Reuler Richardson and Ann Richardson

This profile William Richardson is a cacophony of confusion. Please cross-reference (but do not merge until maybe considerable work is done) with William Richardson which corresponds to DAR and Seller's "History of Marion County."

I adopted two profiles for Ann Richardson while working on the Big Tree and merged them. THIS merge brought in "parents" for her: https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=79084356780

This was 24 October 2020 and she was merged twice more that same day. Those two merges brought in two additional husbands if I am looking at the view correctly. She started with Ruler Reuler Richardson and the next merges (done by another Geni user) brought in James Couch and Henry Richardson and another Reuler/Rueler Richardson. I have not visited the profile in some time and have no idea who any of them are...

https://www.genealogieonline.nl/en/genealogie-wylie/I162639.php&#39...; shows two wives for Richard-- Ann and a Martha Hull.
I suspect Ann did not have three husbands.
I hovered over the profile hyperlinks to see if I was following any of these you mentioned here and saw I am FOLLOWing Ann and Reuler and that I am showing as main manager which I figured were adopted and see upon closer inspection that they are indeed abandoned profiles that I adopted... This typically means someone could not continue working on them and I discovered them because I was likely working on a DNA line.

This is the first thing I am seeing upon logging in so I will devote some time to them today. I usually revisit an adopted profile when a Duplicate is discovered or someone messages me about one :)

Faustine Darsey on partial hiatus is knowledgeable re DAR processes and in general and may not see this but I will tag her in case she has some some and can offer some insight.

Consistency Check for Reuler Richardson:
Mary Ann Couts Caldwell (Richardson) born after the death of her mother Martha Richardson (Hull).
More than 22 year age difference between Amey Richardson (Fowlkes) and her husband Reuler Richardson.

http://www2.vcdh.virginia.edu/gos/search/search_ads.php?page=0&... from the Reuler profile is an ad from 1775 Virginia regarding a "runaway slave" :'( so gives time and place and reference...

I would like to disconnect Ann from Henry. Ann presently has 18 children....

The Findagrave memorial for William Richardson says he is NOT the DAR Virginia WIlliam Richardson: https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/63476682/william-richardson
William Richardson
BIRTH unknown
DEATH unknown
BURIAL
Flowers Cemetery
Marion County, South Carolina, USA
MEMORIAL ID 63476682 · View Source
MEMORIAL
PHOTOS 1
FLOWERS 15
There are no dates on William's marker. It's been suggested that I add the dates of March 9, 1762 - 1812. I'll be happy to add dates if someone sends them to me with sources. Do not site the US Sons of the American Revolution membership application for this William Richardson that states on the last page that William: "located in VA in 1775. He lived and died there and is buried on the old estate. 'Captain William Richardson' is inscribed on his stone." Clearly not this William Richardson.

Revolutionary War

"This large family in name and its connections, so far as Marion County is concerned, had its origin in the names of William Richardson and John Richardson, who came from Roanoke, VA, just after the Revolutionary War; they were brothers - William was much older than John. William was old enough to go into the war, and, as tradition informs, served throughout the war four years in place of his father and three years for himself. John was too young to go into the war.

The two brothers, soon after the war, came to South Carolina, married and settled in Marion County, and from these two sprang the large family and its connections now existing and remaining in the county - many having emigrated to other parts.

Old William married (don't know who), and had sons, Hardy, John, Hopkins, and William, and two daughters, Polly and Alice; he married a second time, Nancy Roberts, and by her had sons, Richard, Jackson, Thomas and Henry, and three daughters, Martha, Nancy and Betsey." - Pages 457-458, A History of Marion County

Sellers says the following about five of the children:
1) Hardy Richardson, the oldest son, married a Miss Davis, and went west.
2) John Richardson, the second son, married Sallie Johnson, and by her he had Benjamin, John, Washington, James and Ebby, and daughters, Betsy, Sarah Ann and Catherine.
3) Hopkins Richardson, never married.
4) Richard Richardson, never married.
5) William Richardson, Jr., married Leasy Martin. They had two children, sons, John and William. The Martin wife died, and William, Jr. married a second wife, a Miss Richardson; by her he had sons, Matthew, Hopkins, James, Ervin, Arna and Hampton; he then married Miss Chinnis, and by her had two children, one boy and one girl. The boy, Edward, died.

Family Members
Children
Photo
Andrew Jackson Richardson
1819–1874

Photo
Henry L. Richardson
1836–1917

I like to look at the FLOWERS added to a memorial because family/visitors often add corrections or memos or other pertinent notes.
It appears William's Geni profile may be incorrect based on the memorial unless someone has good sources for what is there

Wrong state for husband James... I think the two additional merges were not correct. Sometimes we only see the error AFTER we merge. I WISH Geni would give some non curators the ability to UNmerge.

Asking in the Discussion for an unmerge for this one adding Henry and 6 children: https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=79084594280

Couch was added as a husband from a MyHeritage tree. The Wikitree profile for Ann only shows husband Reuler but is not well sourced but has a comment from someone who is 6th great grandson and DNA matching her descendants so is interesting.

Erica Howton thank you so much :)

8/27/2021 at 10:53 AM

I just saw this. Thanks for the note Cynthia.

8/27/2021 at 10:55 AM

There are 20 different William Richardsons that are listed as Patriots in the DAR database.

8/27/2021 at 10:57 AM

Have you all already solved the issue? What can I do?

Hi Faustine Darsey on partial hiatus! Thank you so much! Susanne Floyd has some questions at the start of the Discussion that you may be able to help with because the Geni profile says that particular profile in question is a Rev War Vet/DAR some way. His FAG memorial I mentioned here says he is NOT the same as the one with the dates that are presently in the Geni profile.
It would be really great if you are able to weigh in on that particular profile especially, I think

8/27/2021 at 11:31 AM

Thanks Cynthia

8/27/2021 at 12:18 PM

I used the Descendants search in the DAR database, looking for Rebecca Green & William Richardson. I did find very recent information. William's father is a Patriot.
https://services.dar.org/Public/DAR_Research/search_adb/?action=ful...

There is also a tree in geni and I am working on it.

Ruler Reuler Richardson

8/27/2021 at 1:02 PM

Hello Susanne Floyd The William that married Rebecca Green is the son of Ruler Richardson. DAR would have a document to prove that. Thank you & Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087, Tree builder for your attention to detail and your relentless efforts. I am thankful for both of you. Sorry to be late to the party. Let me know if some issue is dangling.

8/27/2021 at 2:59 PM

I used only the DAR info from the database for the William Richardson Thanks Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087, Tree builder, Erica Howton and Faustine Darsey on partial hiatus. It was a peculiar mess. I have been in meetings all day and headed home. Peaked in and found much has been done. I think that one of the profiles merged into the William and Rebecca Green Richardson union might have been one of the William and XX or Nancy Richardson union.

I can only imagine the many that float around. I agree that the top of the FAG may be wrong, but I think the Seller's citation was correct and matched the DAR info on William and XX or Nancy Richardson as the deceased in Marion, SC. Again, thanks to all.

Showing all 22 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion