Martha Marguerite Roy - Descendants of Charlemagne.

Started by Marianne Lyons Dagher on Wednesday, September 15, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Geni member
  • Charlemagne denier (a silver coin) coined in Mainz from 812 to 814, today at the Cabinet des Médailles in Paris. By PHGCOM - Own work by uploader, photographed at Cabinet des Médailles, Paris., Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=5729324
    Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing all 17 posts

Martha and her husband were cousins, both related to Charlemagne. Charlemagne

Martha French is my great Grandmother x8
Are you saying that Martha French (1695-1762) who married Jacques Roy are Cousins?

Michael

There's a statistical argument that every European is a descendant of Charlemagne:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/commentisfree/2015/may/24/busin....

Martha Marguerite Roy is my 21st cousin.

Charlemagne is my 29th great grandfather.

True Alex Moes, 23 and Me says Charlemagne had 20 known children. Fortunately, for genealogists there's a thing called "pedigree collapse," or a folding in of the human tree otherwise if you and I counted back to Charlemagne, he would be one of more than a trillion grandparent ancestors. That would be more than 10 times the total number of humans estimated to have ever lived! If you go back far enough (sometimes NOT that far), your pedigree is actually "collapsing" in on itself over and over again, with many of your ancestors showing up on multiple branches of your tree. Makes sense that several generations down from Charlemagne, perhaps living in somewhat the same area, would eventually marry and "collapse" the pedigree so we wouldn't have to have enormous charts!!!!!

Martha Marguerite Roy is my 21st cousin thrice removed

Charlemagne is my grandfather several times. hes called the grandfather of europe. hes also an uncle in one of my lineages. :D

Enough of the "I'm Descendants of Charlemagne." Where's the proof that Martha Martha (French) Marguerite Roy is a Descendants of Charlemagne, I haven't seen that as yet. I welcome any one to provide it, but I don't believe it's out there. And I'm talking about solid evidence, a real paper trail.

Karl "Den Store" Konge af Frankrig, Romersk Kejser
is my 33 rd great grandfather.

Look!
Michael Brouillet S. is Charlemagne's 33rd great grandson.

Charlemagne
→ Hugo, Archchancellor of the Empire his son
→ Petronelle d'Auxerre de Gâtinais, Comtesse de Anjou his daughter
→ Ingelger, count of Anjou her son
→ Fulk, count of Anjou his son
→ Fulk II, Count of Anjou his son
→ Geoffrey I "Greymantle", Count of Anjou his son
→ Ermangarde d'Anjou, Duchess of Bretagne his daughter
→ Geoffroy I, duc de Bretagne her son
→ Odo / Eudes, comte de Penthièvre his son
→ Etienne de Penthièvre, Count of Tréguier his son
→ Henri I de Bretagne, comte de Tréguier his son
→ Geslin de Penthievre de Coëtmen his son
→ Agnès de Coëtmen his daughter
→ Alain III Seigneur de la Motte-du-Parc her son
→ Guillaume du Parc, Seigneur d'Availlis his son
→ Robert du Parc, Seigneur d'Availlis, la Rochelle, Romilly, Bernières, his son
→ Martin du Parc, Baron de Cresnays, Bernières, Verdun his son
→ Jean du Parc, baron de Cresnays his son
→ Michèle de Banville his daughter
→ Dame Peronne De Banville her daughter
→ Renée d'Arclais her daughter
→ Sieur de la Provostière Pierre LeLievre, sieur de la Provostière her son
→ Guillaume Lelièvre his son
→ Elisabeth Agnes Lefebvre his daughter
→ Madeleine Thibault her daughter
→ Joseph Gaudreau her son
→ Joseph Gaudreau his son
→ Joseph GAUDREAU his son
→ Rose Gaudreau his daughter
→ Henrietta Piedalue her daughter
→ Frank Lord her son
→ Bernadette Harriett Brouillette his daughter
→ Sylvester Benadict Brouillette her son
→ <private> BROUILLETTE (1940) his daughter
→ Michael Brouillet S. her son

Of course, this line really isn't documented, and the three "Joseph Gaudreau" entries in a row suggest somebody got mixed up somewhere. So I guess I see the point being made by Michael S.

I have a couple of family lines thru Catherine Baillon and Mary Lawrence Burnham that are documented that go way back, but I've never seen this one. I also have the 3 "Joseph Gaudreau" so "3 in a row" is not too unusual. But once you get to the 1500's the documentation starts to dry up and unless the family line can attach to an aristocratic family at that point it can be difficult to prove. So this line is highly suspect. But on a lighter note, we're distant cousins thru Frances Vassall & James Adams. I'm related to their son Richard and you're related to their daughter Martha. And there were a few other connections, such as the Eames family. But I just didnt have time to put it all down. But I've researched the "Martha Marguerite Roy - Descendants of Charlemagne" and sadly there's NO documentation, thus no proof.

Michael s.: I hear you, Cousin! There are multiple lines up my tree that looked promising at first, but when you dig a bit deeper the documentation for some are sketchy. Seems like it's almost geographical - my tree before they come over from Ireland is basically blank. Sweden, they go back a few generations. New England kept very good documentation for a few generations, while documents in the South seem very sketchy. I think in Virginia, the family Bible played a bigger role and baptism wasn't connected with birthdate as often, while in New England there was a civil register for births and marriages. Customs and traditions woven into laws.

Jacques Roy-St. Lambert is Martha Marguerite Roy's 13th cousin.

13th cousin really isn't a very close kinship (e.g. my parents, who are "not related to each other" according to Gedcom I think it was -- are 17th cousins, with a 14th century common ancestor). So I doubt that it is very unusual for married couples to be distant cousins.

"Jean-Louis Ménard is Martha Marguerite Roy's 3rd husband." Which strikes me as odd, since she only has two husbands showing on her Geni profile.

Debra, agree about the distant cousin thing being more common than supposed. Migrations also bring people into the same area. It seems that one of my ancestors and one of my wife's were on the same side in the Battle of Stones River, but in different units and may never have met. Geni shows my wife to be my 12th cousin - no big deal, as it shows Princess Diana to be a 10th cousin, and I don't think we were ever on the same continent.

Charlemagne is your 34th great grandfather.
You
→ Nadine Crabb
your mother → Lillie Mae Rushing
her mother → Joel King Rushing
her father → James Knox Polk Rushing
his father → Evaline Burrow
his mother → Mary "Polly" Burrow
her mother → Phillip Burrow, Jr.
her father → Phillip (3) Burrow, Sr.
his father → Joannah Burrow
his mother → Joane Carrell
her mother → Hugh Roper, Jr.
her father → Hugh Roper, Sr.
his father → Joane Roper
his mother → Henry Parr
her father → Sir William Parr, II, 1st Baron Parr of Horton
his father → Sir William Parr, 1st Baron Parr of Kendal
his father → Alice Tunstall, of Thurland and Lancaster
his mother → Isabella Tunstall
her mother → Sir Nicholas Harrington, Lord of Farleton
her father → Katherine Harrington
his mother → Margaret Holland
her mother → Elinor de Holland
her mother → Maude Kellet
her mother → Sibil d'Ewyas
her mother → Robert II de Ewyas, Baron of Ewyas Harold
her father → Robert FitzHarold de Ewyas, I
his father → Harold de Ewyas I, Lord of Ewyas
his father → Ralph I "the Timid" de Mantes, earl of Hereford
his father → Dreux de Mantes, Comte du Vexin et d'Amiens
his father → Count of Vexin et d'Amiens Gautier II "le Blanc" de Mantes, comte d'Amiens et du Vexin, de Valois, de Mantes
his father → Adele d'Anjou, Comtesse d'Amiens
his mother → Fulk, count of Anjou
her father → Ingelger, count of Anjou
his father → Petronelle d'Auxerre de Gâtinais, Comtesse de Anjou
his mother → Hugo, Archchancellor of the Empire
her father → Charlemagne
his father
Don't know if any of this is a proven line but interesting

Charlemagne is my 32nd great grandfather.

Showing all 17 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion