James Lewis Armstrong, Jr. - :Lineage from John Lewis Armstrong to William (Christie's Will) Armstron was messed by a member.

Started by Shelby Thomas Armstrong, Jr. on today
Problem with this page?

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 7 posts
Today at 3:34 PM

I. Shelby T Armstrong have been a Professional Genealogist for 25 years. I have been a member of Ancestry.com since it started. Have done DNA testing that confirmed my family tree. Most of my Armstrong lineage that I have put out on Ancestry back to the first 12 generations back to Edward Terwinney Armstrong and his wife Margret Mary Maguire. It took years of research and collection of documents from numerous sources. Mine is accurate lineage with sources on the internet. Someone mixed up there line of my great grandfather and placed it under his brother Capt. William Armstrong Never joined Geni PRO because when you build your tree, some change your information, you don’t stand a chance. That is the nice thing about Ancestry.com. No member can change or add to your family tree unless you invite them to make changes if you trust them and let you know of the changes first to approve them. WikiTree is just about as bad, and Family Search is even worse.

My Grandparents: [Armstrong lineage back to the 4th century]
Col. William 'Christie's Will' Armstrong and Margret Mary Maguire - 10th Great Grandparents
Edward Terwinney Armstrong and Margret Mary Maguire - 9th Great Grandparents
James Armstrong I and Jane Ross Beatye - 8th Great Grandparents
James Armstrong II and Catherine Jane Campbell - 7th Great Grandparents
James Armstrong III and Mary Jane "Janey" Campbell - 6th Great Grandparents
Gen. John Armstrong and Mary Elizabeth Graham - 5th Great Grandparents
Richard Armstrong and Margaret Osborn - 4th Great Grandparents
James Armstrong Sr. and Nancy Wilson – 3rd Great Grandparents
James Armstrong Jr. and Elizabeth Wilson - 2nd Great Grandparents
Elias A W Armstrong and Elizabeth C. Bryant - Great Grandparents
William W Armstrong and Sarah "Sadie" Jane Maupin – Grandparents
Shelby Thomas Armstrong Sr. and Lois Mae Pratt – Parents
Shelby T Armstrong Jr and Marjorie Fern George – Myself

It was me that published the OVERVIEW information for James Armstrong II and Catherine Jane Campbell, but someone changed the name to James Lewis Armstrong, and that corrupted the lines between James Armstrong II and Catherine Jane Campbell and everything between to Edward Terwinney Armstrong and Margret Mary Maguire. Son of Col. William 'Christie's Will' Armstrong. Not Williams other son, Captain William Armstrong.

Today at 3:46 PM

Thank you for posting.

Unlike other collaborative trees, we (volunteer curators) can “Lock” profile data, so it cannot be changed except by curators, who act based on requests and cited records.

See https://help.geni.com/hc/en-us/articles/229704047-What-is-a-Master-...

https://help.geni.com/hc/en-us/articles/229706727

We have a discussion to service MP requests:

Curators: Please make this profile a Master Profile

https://www.geni.com/discussions/217560

I’ll work with the notes (above) and see what I can do to fix the tree. I may come back at you with questions, and will advise when done.

Today at 5:06 PM

Clearly, not in this tree.

Today at 5:24 PM

I did not add the parents but I did add their duplicates and merge in order to manage— you curated my 6th great grandfather but I have not worked further back

Today at 5:26 PM

Not “clearly” so I asked.

Today at 5:32 PM

Cynthia Curtis, A183502, US7875087 - I don’t know where your James Lewis Armstrong belongs.

This discussion from genealogist Shelby Thomas Armstrong, Jr. describes his lineage, which does not include a “James Lewis” and he notes an error:

t was me that published the OVERVIEW information for James Armstrong II and Catherine Jane Campbell, but someone changed the name to James Lewis Armstrong, and that corrupted the lines between James Armstrong II and Catherine Jane Campbell and everything between to Edward Terwinney Armstrong and Margret Mary Maguire.

(That’s the “clearly,”)

So for this discussion, I’m working on Shelby’s line to try and get it straightened out for him.

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion