Ann Eliza ‘Nancy’ White (unknown) - List of children---- names in a will...

Showing all 12 posts
Today at 7:05 AM

She asks to be buried next to her deceased daughter whose name looks like "Mrs Ann E Frost"

Today at 7:09 AM

daughter Mrs Margaret P Landon to inherit a "negro girl Adell"
granddaughter Anne Payton Landon

Today at 7:13 AM

She named several enslaved people and specifically gave instructions for a mother and her children to be "sold" TOGETHER and she instructed that a married couple and their children, all enslaved, "have their freedom at my death"

She left her horse to "my negro woman Grace"

Today at 7:21 AM

Interesting document, right? And I think she was asking for her slave to take her body from Knoxville to Washington DC in her carriage, and then be set free, with the carriage, and go off and enjoy his freedom!

I found her little grandson just now. https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/159555529/peyton-frost

Notice: residence on C Street.

I bet her first marriage was to a politician also.

Today at 7:24 AM

VERY interesting..... and the mention of New York and her bank...
I see a Samuel Loudon/Landon but could not discern his relationship to her.
I only saw two daughters named--- one deceased and one living and then a granddaughter.
I added her to the Bequeathed a Slave Project

I have a Named in a Will project but adding names is difficult as they are free floating/unconnected for the most part.
At Ancestry, they have a system for adding enslaved people from wills there but I have not attempted it.

Today at 7:37 AM

Sorry--- Left In a Will.

I was just about to change her profile pic back when you did lol

Today at 7:59 AM

I think it IS!

Today at 8:01 AM

Maybe a cousin marriage for Ann?
Peyton

Today at 8:06 AM

Probably no relation but I see this:
Name Ann Eliza Holliday
Maiden Name Peyton
Birth Date 17 Apr 1850
Birth Place Montgomery County, Missouri, United States of America
Death Date 19 Mar 1948
Death Place Wellsville, Montgomery County, Missouri, United States of America
Cemetery Wellsville Cemetery
Burial or Cremation Place Wellsville, Montgomery County, Missouri, United States of America
Has Bio? Y

Her memorial has been removed.

Ann Eliza Peyton is looking like a theme. This one is attached to parents Sandusky Peyton and Eliza Jane Bunch.

Today at 8:38 AM

I think Ann Eliza Peyton White was a daughter in law of the Alexandria VA Ann Peyton, they use the term daughter. Francis Peyton Sr & Jr signed as witnesses in 1823. If they’re the father and son, they were Colonel Francis Peyton & Francis Peyton, Jr

But neither could be Ann Eliza’s husband, who died before 1823 when she’s a widow hosting her grandson’s funeral. However, I think her husband is around those Peyton’s somewhere.

Showing all 12 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion