Robert II, King of Scots - House of Stewart known terminal SNP's

Started by George Raymond Freeman on yesterday
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 7 posts

I’ve provided the following document:

That lays out the known terminal SNP’s (i.e., Haplogroups) for: Robert II, King of Scots

The lines that have been identified are:
- Ftt46, Sir John Stewart, Sheriff of Bute
- ZZ52_1, Robert III, King of Scots
- BY184394, Robert Stewart, 1st Duke of Albany
- Z17582, Alexander Stewart, 1st Earl of Buchan

Terminal SNP’s that have been identified as belonging to Robert II, King of Scots, but have NOT been identified are:
- R-A8343
- R-Y60195
- R-Z17582
- R-Z17581, may possibly be a branch of Alexander Stewart, 1st Earl of Buchan
- R-FT7958
- R-FT174738
- R-A8321

Although there are a lot of gaps, it would be wonderful to get an active focus on “building out” the House of Stewart on Geni.

Hi George,

I am descended from the Royal STEWART women, but I have proven ADNA confirmation of being a Royal STEWART descendant and I am still counting the lines.

I have a number of lines of STEWART / STUART that need to be confirmed.

One is Janes STEWART (FSID = M3B8-RX5), daughter of William STEWART and Lillie JACKSON

Another is a STEWART / STUART line that is located in Scandinavia.

Joanne

@George

It shows on Geni I'm a granddaughter to each of the profiles to listed. Not of help in the Y department. What do you mean building out the house of Stewart? I do have two Colonial lines that need expanded personally. Are we talking Medieval Tree? Colonial America or just certain branches like the last two mentioned? Any other haplogroups of interest?

@Miss Elizabeth

Would you mind tagging the profiles to this discussion?

Sincerely,

Annber

Here's one of the lines. I cannot remember the other this morning. There's a male descendent but he's not showing he's Ydna on here might want to look at Family Tree DNA and see if it's on there for this I'll look at SNPtracker as well. Thanks for providing the PDF on the Y groups.

James Stewart

Hi Annber Lynn Collins,

“Building Out” was not the best choice of terms on my part. There are a lot of followers on this profile and I’m just trying to garner interest and discussion to increase the knowledge and activity on royal Stewart lines.

For instance, if you are a royal Stewart Y-DNA participant through FTDNA, have you linked your profile to Geni and shared with the community your brick walls? Are there Stewart males who have reasonably confirmed lines going back 6 to 8 generations who have not done Y-700 and autosomal testing? Are there opportunities to do autosomal studies on royal Stewart descendants who have great generational depth in their line. For instance, my Stewart grandfather was born in 1880, my 5GGF Stewart was born in 1683 which creates opportunities for deep autosomal studies.

I maybe able to help tag and document my known autosomal DNA matches on Geni to help build the tree if their tree is Public,I could find it in here or build it. I looked at some my autosomal matches at a glance are:

I-Y7273
R-Z2185
R-BY165860
R-Z156
R-Z17581
R-FTC80319
R-FT342030
R-FT9444
I think R-M269

Let me know which branch or Ydna branch you want me to look at for possible close matches to me. I could also invite them here in Geni.

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion