Taylor Swift - Fun new Taylor Swift ancestry/connections uncovered

Started by Private User on today
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Photo by iHeartRadioCA. CC BY 3.0. Via Wikimedia Commons at https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Taylor_Swift_at_the_2023_MTV_Video_Music_Awards_(3).png
    Geni member
  • Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing all 5 posts

For fans of Taylor Swift, or just of uncovering fun new tangled genealogical mysteries, FindMyPast did some good detective work on her great-grandfather Lance Finlay -- whose name, birthplace, list of wives, and other details all changed quite a bit during his life. :)

https://www.findmypast.com/blog/discoveries/taylor-swift-family-tree

Their work also uncovered some possible new connections to our South African, Irish, English, Scottish, Polish, and even Maltese trees, so adding this info might be a fun project for fans of Geni's push-pin feature.

I've started making the necessary edits in her tree and citing the document at https://www.geni.com/documents/view?doc_id=6000000205473634838 as I work. Feel free to join in!

(Tagging Erica Howton because she loves a good genealogical puzzle and Sharon Doubell because she loves finding new, albeit extended, SA cuzzins.)

Taylor Swift is my 11th cousin once removed.
You → Bernie Manuel (your father) → Harry Jackson Manuel (his father) → Mary Emma Manuel (his mother) → Asa Martin McKinney (her father) → James Rane McKinney (his father) → Sabre Elizabeth McKinney (his mother) → John Vardaman (her father) → Elizabeth Vardeman (his mother) → Thomas Morgan, Sr (her father) → Elizabeth Morgan (his mother) → Jane Sarah Baxter (her mother) → Captain Joseph Elisha Royall, (Jr.) (her father) → Martha Dennis (his daughter) → Sarah Cox (her daughter) → Elizabeth Moseley (her daughter) → Jane Hancock (her daughter) → Stephen Hancock (her son) → George Hancock (his son) → Thomas W. Hancock (his son) → Helen M Hancock (his daughter) → Sallie Wells Morrow (her daughter) → Cora Lee Morrow (her daughter) → Marjorie Finlay (her daughter) → <private> Swift (Finlay) (her daughter) → Taylor Swift (her daughter)

Well, she's my 16th cousin here in South Africa, obviously because we're both descendants of the British colonialists. Not sure that's the "interesting" connection you're referencing, though. You're my 15th cousin for the same reason :-)

Taylor Swift is my 25th cousin thrice removed.

You → Horváth Anna (your mother) → János Horváth (her father) → Gábor Horváth (his father) → Julianna Hagymásy (his mother) → Áron Hagymásy (her father) → Sámuel Hagymásy (his father) → Lídia Laskay (his mother) → Kriston Krisztina (her mother) → Kriston András (her father) → Erzsébet Szabó (his mother) → Erzsébet Jármy (her mother) → László Jármy (her father) → András II. 2. Jármy (his father) → András I. 1. Jármy (his father) → Zathay Anna (his mother) → Katalin Vay (her mother) → Katalin Kamarás de Zelemér (her mother) → Benedek Jr. Kamarás de Zelemér, JR (her father) → Erzsébeth Somlyói Báthori (his mother) → György Báthori de Somlyó (her father) → Szaniszló Somlyói Báthory de Somlyó (his father) → Anna Medgyesi (Moricz) (his mother) → Móricz, Count of Bakony Hungary (her father) → Erzsébet Darai de Dáró (his mother) → of Kiev Erzsébet (her mother) → Kunigunda Rostislavna Přemyslovna (her sister) → Wenceslaus II, King of Bohemia (her son) → Margaret of Bohemia, Duchess of Wroclaw (his daughter) → Wenceslaus I of Legnica (her son) → Rupert I legnicki of Legnica, książę (his son) → Barbara von Schlesien-Liegnitz, Herzogin zu Sachsen-Wittenberg und Kurfürstin zu Sachsen (his daughter) → Duchess Barbara of Saxe-Wittenberg (her daughter) → Dorothea of Brandenburg (her daughter) → Margaret af Danmark og Norge von Oldenburg (her daughter) → James IV, king of Scots (her son) → Margaret Jane Stewart (his daughter) → Jean Drummond (her daughter) → Anne Chisholm (her daughter) → Robert Napier, 1st Laird of Culcreuch (her son) → Anna Napier (his daughter) → Elizabeth Leckie (her daughter) → John Buchanan, 1st Laird of Blairlusk (her son) → George Buchanan of Blairlusk, later of Deroran (his son) → Thomas Buchanan (his son) → William Alexander Buchanan (his son) → John Buchanan (his son) → Thomas Buchanan (his son) → Margaret Kingsley (his daughter) → Rev. Alanson Kingsley (her son) → Barbara Marie Jane "Jennie" (Kingsley) Thompson (his daughter) → Bernice Swift (her daughter) → Archie Swift, Jr. (her son) → Swift <private> (his son) → Taylor Swift (his daughter)

Oh..hang on... you mean this:
www.geni.com/media/proxy?media_id=6000000205474924901&size=large

Yes, that is interesting. I'll definitely look into it the first chance I have.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion