Did Elizabeth Tilley Howland have royal ancestry?

Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 26 posts

Following paths here on Geni, it appears Elizabeth (Tilley) Howland, "Mayflower" Passenger descends from English Royalty. An example would be as follows:

Elizabeth (Tilley) Howland, "Mayflower" Passenger is Henry I "Beauclerc", King of England's 15th great granddaughter.
Henry I "Beauclerc", King of England → Empress Matilda (his daughter) → Henry II "Curtmantle", King of England (her son) → John I "Lackland", King of England (his son) → Henry III, king of England (his son) → Edward I "Longshanks", King of England (his son) → Edward II, king of England (his son) → Edward III, king of England (his son) → John of Gaunt, 1st Duke of Lancaster, 1st Earl of Richmond (his son) → John Beaufort, 1st Earl of Somerset (his son) → Edmund Beaufort, 2nd Duke of Somerset (his son) → Lady Anne aka Jane Beaufort Beaufort (his daughter) → Elizabeth Saville (her daughter) → Isabel Ayshton Marshe (her daughter) → Robert Marshe (her son) → Rose Rushe (his daughter) → Joan (Hurst) Tilley, "Mayflower" Passenger (her daughter) → Elizabeth (Tilley) Howland, "Mayflower" Passenger (her daughter)

It is my understanding, however, the More children were the only passengers with any known royal descent.

https://themayflowersociety.org/passenger-profile/passenger-profile...

"The More children are the only passengers with known royal ancestry, with descent from King David I and King Edward I of England."

I've been looking through the lines above, and would welcome any thoughts. There are sources attached which appear to be approved/proper. With Elizabeth being such a famous passenger and historical person, if she did in fact have such ancestry, wouldn't it be curious if it was missed by historical researchers and documented here? I guess stranger things have happened, but also thought we might want to take another look.

Thanks everyone!

This is my 11th Grandmother and a line that is actually correct and solid. 😆

Karrie Amelia Anderson Welborn, LK138808C1

I ran it from me as is and it shows two other paths besides the one you pointed out. All on my Dad's side. Up until Elizabeth it is correct but I haven't verified after that.

https://www.geni.com/path/Annber-Collins+is+related+to+Henry-I-Beau...

https://www.geni.com/path/Annber-Collins+is+related+to+Henry-I-Beau...

https://www.geni.com/path/Annber-Collins+is+related+to+Elizabeth-Ti...

I seem to recall something about Joan (Hurst) Tilley, "Mayflower" Passenger and a spurious pedigree.

Here’s the “famous kin” associated with her:

https://famouskin.com/famous-kin-menu.php?name=9223+joan+hurst

Hi Annber,

I feel OK about my path to Elizabeth: https://geni.com/00BzfV

And it looks as though Erica in particular has manually added sources to many of the profiles in the middle after Elizabeth. Nothing stands out immediately as the problem at first or second look so I'm hoping if there IS an issue, sharing helps find it.

I'm left confused by the Mayflower Society, and others on record saying the More children were the only passengers who had that sort of ancestry.

Ah, didn't see your post Erica Howton Sorry! Will take a look.

The charts you attached a couple gens removed for Beaufort, Pashton, Saville,etc all seem correct and line up.

I'm stumped....

P.S.--Freaked me out when I realized Bush is a Bangs cousin...and a Hinckley one. What a weird world, given the actions of his other Hinckley cousin....

Bush and HInckley:

https://geni.com/00KdmT

Myself and Bush: https://geni.com/00KdmJ Hinckleys on the path

I'm cousins with Hinckley, Jr several ways. Just weird the things you learn!

@Karrie

Cool 😎 another shared a line! It appears the More line relates va a sister to my line. That line didn't come with the Mayflower. I've been fixing lines. I do know the also relate to the John Smith papers project as I reached out to those involved in that project off Geni. They married a few of the Mayflower kin.

@Erica

You do good work on here and if anymore can prove or disprove a connection, it is you. :)

Karrie Amelia Anderson Welborn, LK138808C1 well they are my cousins to but at a way further distance, but, we are all cousins, humankind does only exist in one sort, all related.

I wanted to change the idea of out of Africa, to out of Sahara, every 26000 years, Sahara becomes a thriving place with plenty of grass, water, animals, then it returns to a dessert like state, meaning, people have always left it in sequences,some have gone south, others west and some north, under all this times of changing. Image a Sahara full of seas, river and all the animal thinkable, it was like a paradise, then compare it to what it looks like today, an almost dead horrible place. By comparing the waves of emigration I think this may one day be confirmed, 70000 years ago, 50000 years ago, 25000 years ago, it should soon be time for a green Sahara again? If nothing else have changed dramtical, of course...

Private User Monsoons and the way the earth orbits, right? I remember reading something about it, and how the Sahara greening that way used to happen much more frequently. Every few thousand years or so? No idea when we would be "due" for it again, but hopefully not something we have completely altered the cycle of to the point of it remaining permanently as it is now.

And yes, I agree this is almost more about finding how we're related, and not IF, at least for most of us. It could be something like 30th cousins, or something, but the connections are there, probably. It would be a matter of discovery. :-)

Annber Lynn Collins I agree and felt better seeing she had added sources. But also even more (More? hehe) confused by the "official" research into the passengers.

Karrie Amelia Anderson Welborn, LK138808C1

I found the error, and am uploading documents.

Rose Rushe Was not the daughter of Robert Marshe & Agnes Marshe

Her actual genealogy is well described here:

Olar, Jared L. “The Marshe Genealogy” (February 2019)
https://freepages.rootsweb.com/~fesschequy/genealogy/Marshe.html

Multiple citations, but most importantly:

Zubrinsky, Eugene Cole. A Fresh Look at the Parentage of Mayflower Passenger Joan (Hurst) (Rogers) Tilley. American Genealogist (D.L. Jacobus). (Jan 2011) 85:7. “Rose Marshe, b. say 1538 or later (last recorded child bp. 1582), bur. Henlow Beds., 23 July 1601.”

I’ll be adding her true parents shortly.

Respectable yeomen, but only back two generations.

yeah according geni she did have royal ancestry but not according to wiki tree family search would be reliable but according to according substantial reserach Richard more is the only passenger on the mayflower who had royal anesctry

but however it is possible we are all saxon and royal not me im indian

@Erica

Now that you fixed it,it shows Grandmother,of course, and should for Kerri and whoever else is related.The disconnected one is showing 4th cousin, 15 times removed on my Mom's side,the other my father's. I've noticed that with a few lines,that seems to be a common error for me,personally.
I did see an error in the More line too, siblings 14 days apart.

Rishabh Sharma

Do you have a significant tree on here past the 6th generation?

@Kerri

It will get better now that more people can gather and collaborate from all over the world. Now we can get out of the vacuum of our own research and hace others challenging us to be the best we can be.

@Ulf

I'm ready for Summer and Sun myself,so a lush Africa sounds nice. To much ran lately here.

ohh did u fix it

Not yet,it's this one at link below. The More line married the Long then Finley/Findley line (Mom's side) but there's some others errors I'm working on. All takes time.

Jasper More, of Larden

Thank you so much Erica Howton!

Annber Lynn Collins I still have paths to the other example I chose in Henry I "Beauclerc",, but via different grandparents. Double-checking those is for another evening though! :-)

True, many English went to India. Never know who might be connected or how.

Rishabh Sharma

Princess Diana line,her maternal side has ancestry from India. There was a lot of travel the last 8 generations. I acquired Central Asian and Ancestry from India. Also, Ancient connections but that Ancient history. :) It's just the how we're related now, like Ulf said,we're all connected. My most recent Ancestry is broken down below. You'll probably be surprised, like I was. Good luck. :)

India - Sakaldwipi Brahmin

Nepalese

Macedonian Romani (Gypsy)

ur saying ur half indian i mean brits also descents from muslims

The Macedonian "Romani (Gypsy)" is "Roma Ancestry" as the other terms are not usually used. Just wanted to clarify.

Karrie u have indian heritage

Rishabh Sharma

Hello. I'm going to answer your question, but generally. The body we live in, with a soul, are two separate entities, the body carries traces of DNA from all our ancestors, but our soul is eternal.

In some cases we are reincarnated after our death, in other cases we cease to exist, in other cases we are allowed to stay in another dimension. Regardless of the question, we are all related to each other, as well as ancestors and descendants, I am my own ancestor, and descendant.

The question of ethnic origin then becomes irrelevant, we are one and the same regardless of age or time period, you are me, I am you. If you want you can interpret this as a rash of idiocy, but that's up to you and each else. Time is irrelevant, the first shall be last and the last the first.

nice euolgy man

Thanks,
To those who did not accept the previous explanation are here given an alternative more acceptable for them with a narrowed mind. The body's alternative. Almost all Europeans today speak an Indo-European language that has its roots in what is today India, this means an exchange not only of a language but also of people who have come into contact with each other, which implies a genetic exchange between them. This means that all Europeans without exception from some later new immigrants are directly descendants of Indians.

Showing all 26 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion