Geni member
  • Private
    Geni member
  • Geni member
  • Private
    Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing 1381-1410 of 1468 posts

Hi Kay Osborn, you can start a discussion from the profile and add your sources for the changes, and ask a curator to assist.

Hi Leanne,
I found a lot of Mistakes that have been repeated over and over on Geni. I think it is quite sad that someone puts information out there without checking to see if it is correct. Then it gets repeated over and over again! As a result this will cause days hours, weeks and months of research for others that will do research. My claim to the corrections that need to be met are in the "CLAYPOOL" and "Claypools in America" BOOKS" which covers Osborn/e and Claypool the sources are documented in the books. Any one claiming Ann Purrington as the husband of Jeremiah Osborne b. 1729 is in accurate. His wife is Pheobe Higgens. Their children are: Jeremiah Osborn b. @ 1729 married to Mary Newman; John Osborn b. @ 1735 married to Elizabeth Claypool; George Osborn m. Ann. Hannah Westfall; Agigale Osborne Married to Joseph Claypool. It is in question if Pheobe Osborne is perhaps another sister.

Hi Kay,
If you go to the profile and click on the discussions tab, you can start a discussion outlining what you believe needs to be changed and why.

Leanne

I THINK i've done with but Private if anyone needs to poke at my stuff. :D

The Jeremiah Osborne that married Pheobe Higgens parents are Jeremiah Osborne and Abigale Ogden.

Hi Kay,
If you go to the profile and click on the discussions tab, you can start a discussion outlining what you believe needs to be changed and why.

Leanne

This response is for Jason about getting permission to fix other people family trees, and how frustrating it is. What if you fixed some one else's tree and you were wrong? Then what? Here is my point. I feel that it is best to contact that person and show them the sources that would prove your point and let them fix it themselves! I have seen researchers over the past 40 years disagree with who the next ancestor is in the family line. When you are back far enough into your research you might come across a genealogist and his work and find that he has errors in his research. In the "Genealogical Memoirs of the Extinct Family of Chester of Chicheley" Their Ancestors and Descendants by Robert Edmond Chester Waters, the error was there! The book is beautifully written and has a lot of information on family genealogy. However, I found the elephant that was sitting in the room! On page 225 the author stated that the wife of Richard Osborne I is Jane Broughton and her father was John Broughton. HOWEVER, on page 237 in a descending chart the author stated that Jane's father was Richard Broughton. This is what they call a scribber's error. This spun me into additional research. In the Genealogist, the author stated that it was "NO NECESSARY TO REHASH the Chester of Chicheley book. OMG! So he just took it as being accurate with out errors! Why? Because he was a genealogist? So the mistake lives on! Many researchers argue over who is the father of Jane Broughton. They read part of the book and failed at finding the second man, Richard, the brother of John Broughton. You might ask as to what is the difference because which ever brother it is their father will be the same. Well the difference lies in who the mother is. One line has a little bit of royalty in it and the other is loaded with royal lines. I have come across another researcher and she told me a story of finding 3 parallel lines and the other researcher all waving their paper work at her stating they had the exact answer and every one else was wrong! Only one of them was right, and the other two were wrong. It is better to make suggestions than correct their paper work. Even making suggestions that you want them to change their work you should offer the sources.

Hi Kay Osborn

It’s easy to get things fixed on Geni. Find the master profile and contact the curator. Your Jeremiah Osborne, of the South Fork & Phebe Osborne have had Master Profiles that match your notes since 2014.

Reply to Erica, That was really in response to Jason. To let him know why it is important to make suggestions instead of going in and fixing someone else's files.

Even genealogist make mistakes, and not everybody finds the mistakes. That is what throws 2 different researchers in two separate directions.

J Herman Potgieter

will gladly assist

Herman

Love to help. After reading some of the postings above, One important thing that MUST be stated is that SOURCES are NOT another tree found somewhere, or another genealogist work, BUT official records, birth marriage death, Wills, or land records these are what PROVES a link and should be used wherever possible.
@Linda (Sibley) Zimmerman

Linda Zimmerman -
1) totally agree with you - good point
2) to get tagging to work, you have to pause before pressing the space bar to let the drop down window of choices pop up, then choose the name from the window -- once you press the space bar, you have de-activated tagging.

Private User

James Donnellan
got 35,925 People on my ancestry account

@Edmund Stephen Kreis

I am in

Is this where I request help? I have merges pending with a contributor who was here for two days in April 2015 and does not seem to be responding to requests.

Marion Ernst Maddox

is a sample of such.

Thanks,

Morgan - The Public Discussion for requesting that type of help is https://www.geni.com/discussions/192543

Morgan what ever GENI SITE you are on you can ask the curator or the who has the site for help. Your message came to me and possibly to them also. Some of the people have jobs and do this part time, so they might need time to get back to you. Ericka Howton and Leanne are curators you can message them and be precise about your request. Also check the message from Lois Lubin. She sent you a link that can help you.

@Sandra Patricia Roberts

How do I invite other people in the Collaboration Pool to join me?

Hello. I've been away for a while, Sandra Patricia Chowns Patricia Roberts and "@Ben M. Angel, still catching up" I work mainly on Rowley and Eastmans, even my own sometimes. Right now I spend more of my time on Wikitree.com and AmericanAncestors.org, which are totally free sites, I even have projects of Rowleys and Eastmans on Wikitree--- check them out. Good hunting to everyon

Sandra Patricia Chowns Go to any users's profile, click on 'Actions' top right and click on Request to collaborate, a message will be sent to them

Thanks

Showing 1381-1410 of 1468 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion