Zombies please

Started by Noah Tutak on Friday, May 28, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 241-270 of 3493 posts

In this group there is 120 zombies hope you can something about that!!
Frederick, Prince of Wales

@noah this is the profile from 1862

Grace Catterson

Uh...before you change profiles I manage...what exactly does this do to them?

Steven, I listed here profiles that you manage. As you know, I collaborate with you. I came across whole sections of profiles that were deemed alive that were from centuries ago and clearly should be deceased. eg people whose births were in 1700s and 1800s, or who had grandchildren born in the 1800s. I started to mark some as deceased, but there were too many. So I listed them here so they could be marked deceased en masse. My understanding is that all that happens is that Noah Tutak of Geni runs a script that somehow determines which profiles in that area are deceased and marks them as such. It gains accuracy without a major labour effort. I trust this is OK? Regards, David

One of the other things I noticed was that if I manually marked a profile as deceased, and then merged it with a duplicate, Geni threw up a living status true vs. false mismatch on merge, because I had amended only one.
General tip: try to get all copies of a profile marked deceased at the same time: otherwise it just makes the merge process more time consuming to confirm that the living status mismatch is OK.

Oh..ok...
I just wanted to make sure it wasn't anything I'd have to make sure matched my offline database (which I will have to re-upload eventually...)

Günther Kipp This script uses an algorithm to determine whether or not to mark profiles as deceased. It is not guaranteed to find and kill all zombies. It works best on profiles with a large number of descendants.

Done through page 41.

Done through here.

Mary Catherine Morgan Walker
I just took over this persons profiles who left Geni, but her zombies seem to still be hers.

Have I got a mess for you!

All of this guy's ancestors Enoch / Idris are private-zombies, managed by claimed profiles! What to do Noah, what to do?

I was so nlucky to request a merge and to compleate a merge by ofir friedman. I promtly recievede a mail more instructing than requesting that i left his profiles alone. He wanted to complete his own merges, and did not want to merge into the big tree.

Michael please explain yourself, perhaps you didn't quite get my original point

Showing 241-270 of 3493 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion