Constance

Started by Susanna Barnevik on Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 20 posts
6/29/2010 at 10:04 AM

Today I discovered that Constance is (again) merged into a hopeless stack that is wrong and unmergable.
A stack of 92 when I started to undo.
Please join me!

Constance d'Arles, Queen consort of the Franks

And please do n o t merge any Constancese than one at a time!

6/29/2010 at 10:35 AM

Hej, tror inte jag kan ge mig in i den profilen, men är lycklig nog av att tydligen ha släktskap med en fransk prinsessa. Inte ett dugg förvånad efter att släktskapet med Orson Welles uppenbarat sig!

6/29/2010 at 10:37 AM

I'll try to help out.

Private User
6/29/2010 at 10:43 AM

I have no idea who Constance of Arles was and why I manage her record.

Private User
6/29/2010 at 11:07 AM

there are more than a 100 constance of arles showing. it appears that ken rice has 13,johannes rye roste & zack zuzalek also have multiple duplicates. if ken,johannes & zack would merge their duplicates it would be a good start. when i see this many duplicates i shudder.....where do you start on these difficult profiles? is there a process to follow or do you just jump in?

6/29/2010 at 11:09 AM

I unmerge everything from the main profile (the one with most managers) and from their parents and spouses, and remove all duplicate relationships. After that I'll merge everything I can from my collaborators. The rest I'll leave for others to merge.

6/29/2010 at 12:36 PM

Removing relationships is painfully slow, and Geni seems to have technical difficulties, so I'll continue tomorrow. Feel free to continue in the meantime!

Private User
6/29/2010 at 2:45 PM

i tried a merge after stacking duplicates i get to a message box-"you cannot merge parents & children" or something to that effect. the complicated merges, most often in my experience, gets no where. i really do not know how you do it.
if someone can try merging the various trees of constance of arles and succeed i would like to know how you did it. i am getting tired of wasting my time.

6/29/2010 at 3:01 PM

Jon; Please try and avoid merging with those 3 managers since it's not worth the effort and could only cause some more problems

6/29/2010 at 10:31 PM

"These profiles cannot be merged because a person cannot be their own ancestor."

I'm trying to unlink her main profile from duplicates to resolve that problem.

Please do not merge her yet!

6/29/2010 at 11:57 PM

Private User
Constance has been a problem for a long time.
Most often it has been due to all the Hugh's in the family. I have dealt with grandmas married to grandsons and so on.

You can not make stacks without solving the problem first. bit, as it is very hard to find the problem - if you want to merge two profiles - stack only two profiles at the time and try to merge them right away. If that is not working - one of the profiles have a generationloop, and that need to be found.
By singelmerge I mean that you can not make stacks - then we are just back to braking merges again.

6/30/2010 at 12:09 AM

Susanna, I presume you prefer this profile for Constance's mother:
Adélaïde la Blanche d'Anjou, Reine consort d'Aquitaine
and not this one:
Adélaïde la Blanche d'Anjou, Reine consort d'Aquitaine

6/30/2010 at 12:13 AM

Sorry, other way around. :)

7/1/2010 at 12:19 AM

Ok, now Constance is clean, but her immediate family is a mess. Will be difficult to get her children linked to her main profile again.

Nej, man slutar aldrig att förvånas...En fransk prinsessa och Orson Wells! Ja det kan man kalla anor. Undrar om jag har samma bakgrund och släktingar? Men Selma Lagerlöf och Otto von Bismarck kanske är någob liknande konstelation? he he
Mvh Steve

7/1/2010 at 2:23 AM

Wait a minute! Isn't Constance's mother actually Adelaide, not Arsinde? I somehow thought they were the same person. I guess others also have confused them, creating this big mess that we currently have.

Arsinde is the mother of William II, Constances half brother.

Any input?

7/2/2010 at 3:48 AM

There are app 36 adele stacked with arsinde....

Jon,
yes you basically just "jump right in".
1) You make a list of the copies,
2) send messages to the managers,
3) only AFTER that send request to collaborate.
4) find two copies that you CAN merge. and start merging them.
5) Go back to #1. :-)
This is exactly what I've been doing to two years now with the biblical tree.

Shouldn´t it be facts we merge it on?

2/1/2015 at 1:03 PM

ja, ta väck den person som inte finns alls, vad är detta? dålig stil. gå in och kolla fakta.

Showing all 20 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion