Abner Bird Sr.

Started by Wendy R. on Sunday, May 15, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 6 posts
5/15/2011 at 2:58 PM

I did not add this material and cannot vouch for it at all. I am a descendant of Jane Jameson, widow of Abner Bird, and her second husband, Issac Davis.
Wendy R.

2/16/2017 at 2:18 PM

Abner Bird 1735 is unlikely to be the father of Abner Bird 1770, if this information is correct:

=========

http://newsarch.rootsweb.com/th/read/BYRD/2006-03/1142775617

ABNER BIRD, b. July 05, 1735, North Farnham Parish; d. March 21, 1749/50, North Farnham Parish.

Notes for ABNER BIRD:

This Abner Bird's birth and death dates are from the Registers of North Farnham Parish. He died at age 15, was not mentioned in his father's will. Abner Bird predeceased his father, which is why he is not listed as an heir in his father's will. Therefore Abner probably never married or had children. See notes under his father, Philemon Bird.

=======

Have any Bird men from this line had YDNA testing? That might be a big help. Many Bird and Byrd lines have been identified in the DNA Project. Some of them are listed here:

http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/byrd/pats

4/1/2017 at 12:18 AM

I also do not agree with Abner's parents...I still say Philemon iis his father

1/2/2020 at 2:52 PM

It would be helpful to be specific with links about which person is referred to in discussions.
Abner James Bird, I's father is showing as Robert Philemon Bird, IV

If Abner James Bird, I did indeed die fairly young (1749 or 1750), then where do the current 4 children belong?
Vivian believes that Abner Bird, II belongs as child of Philemon Bird, Sr. (there is, however, a claim in Abner-II's "About" as to his current connection).
There are also the other currently-connected children of:
Catherine Bird
Rhoda B Woodrum
and
Thomas J. Bird (which came from a FamilySearch branch, but no sources are cited for the supposed parents), as husband of Lavina Breeding & Lucy Davenport.

There is another 'contemporary' Thomas (Thomas Bird), son of Robert Bird, IV, with that Thomas shown as husband of Mary Davis.

(Aside: I have no personal 'stake' in this ... just trying to help "sort things out" <smile>)

Private User
1/3/2020 at 5:54 AM

I am sorry if I upset some of you with saying this but I can say with utmost assurance that Vivan, Wendy and myself did not add these to the tree, I know for a fact that these 2 ladies check and recheck to make sure of there lines.It probably happen when they were asked to merge the people. Accidents do happen. I know I am not directly descended from him and would not know where to start, Would someone please take the time to straighten the names up so we will have a correct tree. Dan, if everyone else is in agreement would you please take the time to make all the corrections necessary. If one of you ladies would please double check everything Maybe we could come to a happy ending. Thank you for reading my suggestion. Karen

1/3/2020 at 5:59 PM

I can certainly help move things around if y'all can't; more usefully, I (or any Curator) can lock relationships once an entire "immediate family" is known to be correct.

Setting a "Relationship Lock" prevents changes to the connections of parents, siblings, spouses, and children of a particular profile. Thus, any future merges will not be able to "drag in" additional profiles.

So, once families are "corrected & verified", post the 'key' profile to lock here.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion