About Abigail Cole
- 'Encyclopedia of Connecticut biography, genealogical-memorial; representative citizens; (1917-)
- Pg. 118
- (II) Samuel West, son of Francis and Margery (Reeves) West, was born in 1643, and died May 8, 1689. He lived in Duxbury, where he was constable in 1674. He married, September 26, 1668, Tryphosa Partridge, daughter of George and Sarah (Tracy) Partridge, of Duxbury, Massachusetts. Issue : Francis, born November 13, 1669, died in 1731 ; Juen, born September 8, 1671, died young; Samuel, born December 23, 1672; Peletiah, born March 8, 1674, died in 1756; Hon. Ebenezer, born July 22, 1676; John, born March 6, 1679; 'Abigail, born September 26, 1682' ; Bathsheba.
- (III) Samuel (2) West, son of Samuel (I) and Tryphosa (Partridge) West, was born December 23, 1672, and died about 1763. He lived in Duxbury, and after 1723 in Lebanon, Connecticut, and was one of the organizers, in 1730, of the Goshen Church of Lebanon. He married, June 30, 1709, Martha Delano, daughter of John and Mercy (Peabody) Simmons, and widow of Ebenezer Delano. Her grandmother, Elizabeth (Alden) Peabody, was the daughter of John and Priscilla (Mullins) Alden, of the "Mayflower." Issue of Samuel (2) and Martha West: Amos, born May 29, 1710; Nathan, of whom further; Sarah, born November 8, 1712; Moses, born March 4, 1716. .....
- 'The New England historical and genealogical register (1874)
- Nathaniel W. was descended from Francis West of Salisbury, Eng., who was invited to America by a Mr. Thomas of Marshfield, and m. Margery Reeves. They settled in Duxbury, and had 5 children, viz : Samuel, Thomas, Peter, Mary, and Ruth. Mr. W. died about 1694, aged 86. Samuel m. Tryphosa Partridge, and had 7 children, — Francis, (to be again mentioned ;) Samuel, a poet, b. in 1673, and who lived to be over 90 ; Pelatiah, Ebenezer, John, 'Abigail', and Bathsheba. Francis m. Mercy Mina, and was one of the early settlers of Tolland, and the first deacon of that church, died. May 12, 1731, aged 62. His children were Samuel, m. Nov. 4, 1724, to Sarah Delano, and Nov. 26, 1754, to Abigail Lathrop, died Feb. 3, 1779 ; Joseph, m. May 19, 1725, died Jan. 27, 1764, aged 62 ; Amasa, m. A. Hatch in 1730 ; Zebulon, of whom we must again speak ; Christopher, who m. Amy Delano, Oct. 25, 1732, and was one of the early settlers of Lee, Mass ; Pelatiah, ditto ; and Mercy. Mr. W. removed to T. in 1720, from Stonington.
ii. MARY HUNT55,56, m. BENJAMIN SOUTHWORTH57,58,59; b. Bef. 171160.
Notes for BENJAMIN SOUTHWORTH:
From "Mayflower Families" (p. 186): Benjamin Southworth was the grandchild "of Edward and Mary (Pabodie) Southworth, fathered either by son Benjamin or Constant. Mother of the son was Abigail West, daughter of Samuel and Triphosa (---) West; born at Duxbury, 16 September 1682 (MD, 9:173); married at Duxbury, 4 August 1714 (MD, 11:24), Nathaniel Cole. See MD, 41:137-38 regarding Benjamin's parentage."
- page 248 of History of the Town of Duxbury, Massachusetts By Justin Winsor. Nathaniel Cole b Oct 11, 1685, son of Nathaniel Cole & Sarah. Married Abigail West, Aug 4, 1714.