About Annetje Skillman
Annetje Aten was bprobably born between 1670 and 1675 in Flatbush, Kings, New York and died 1741 in Newtown, Long Island, New York.
Parents: daughter of Adriaen Hendrickse Aten (1615-1700) and his 1st wife
- 1693 in Flatbush, Kings, New York to Thomas Skillman, son of Thomas Skillman and Sarah Petit.
Children of Annetje Aten and Thomas Skillman:
- Elizabeth Skillman, b. 1694, d. date unknown.
- Peter Skillman, b. 1694, d. date unknown.
- Jan Skillman, b. 1696, d. date unknown.
- Mary Skillman, b. 1698, d. date unknown.
- Mercy Skillman, b. 02 Feb 1701, Brooklyn, NY, USA54, 54, d. date unknown.
- Annetje Skillman, b. 1703, d. date unknown.
- Abraham Skillman, b. 1704, d. date unknown.
- Isaac Skillman, b. 1706, d. date unknown.
- Jacob Skillman, b. 1708, d. date unknown.
- Benjamin Skillman, b. 1710, d. Aug 1718, New York, New York.
- "The earliest known Aten is Hendrick, born in Holland about 1590. His son Adriaen, the father of Annetje, came to America in 1651."
- Annetje Aten, wife of Thomas Skillman and mother of his children, was a communicant member of Newtown (Ref. Dutch) Church, 1741. Her parents, March 20, 1696, made a joint will, dividing their estate at death equally among their children, except that that Maritje (bap. at Flatbush Dutch Church, March 31, 1678) was given a double portion, she remaining unmarried and having chief care of the father and mother, perhaps. The will of Thomas2 Skillman (Records of Kings County and Queens), dated Feb.13[note 1], 1739, witnessed by Barnadus Van Zandt, John Rapalje, and Cornelis Berrien, Jr., probated July 4, 1740, names his wife, Ann, and all their then living children. Two had died young.
- * Note 1: Feb 23 in Abstracts of Wills--Liber 13, pg 299.
- Skillmans of America
- My Southern Family
- OTES ON THE ATEN (AUTEN) FAMILY Proceedings of the New Jersey Historical Society, Volume 7 By New Jersey Historical Society.
- The loss of the early Flatbush records is undoubtedly the reason why we cannot find dates of baptisms of any of the children of Adriaen by his first marriage, but we know them to have been (order, however, not certain): ...
- 3. Annetje Aten, who m. Thomas Skillman, of Newtown, L. I.; he d. 1740. (For him and their ch., see "N. Y. Gen. & Biog. Record, "Vol. 37, pp. 25, 26. He was the son of Capt. Thomas Skillman and Sara (Scofield) Pettit, who were m. in 1669.)
- Reference: WikiTree Genealogy - SmartCopy: Dec 1 2016, 5:55:32 UTC
- Reference: WikiTree Genealogy - SmartCopy: Dec 22 2016, 0:06:26 UTC
Annetje Skillman's Timeline
Flatbush, Long Island, New York
June 24, 1696
Queens County, Province of New York, Colonial America
February 2, 1701
Brooklyn, New York
April 18, 1704
New York, Kings, New York
Newtown, Queens County, Province of New York
Newtown, Queens, NY (Present USA)