Captain Henry John Alexander Seely, 2nd Baron Mottistone, OBE
|Birthplace:||Isle of Wight RD, Hampshire, England UK|
Son of Major General John Edward Bernard Seely, 1st Baron Mottistone CB, CMG, DSO, TD, PC, JP, DL and Emily Florence Seely
|Managed by:||Sydney John Fox|
About Captain Henry John Alexander Seely, 2nd Baron Mottistone, OBE
Henry John Alexander Seely, 2nd Baron Mottistone
- Born on 1 May 1899.
- Son of John Edward Bernard Seely, 1st Baron Mottistone and Emily Florence Crichton.
- Died on 18 January 1963 at age 63, unmarried.
- Educated at Harrow School, Harrow on the Hill, London, England.
- Officer in the service of the 95th (Hampshire Yeomanry) Field Brigade, Royal Artillery (Territorial Army).
- Fought in the First World War, with the Royal Field Artillery, in Italy.
- Educated at Trinity College, Cambridge University, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England.
- Officer in the service of the 72nd (Hampshire) Anti-Aircraft Brigade, Royal Artillery (Territorial Army).
- Invested as a Fellow, Society of Antiquaries (F.S.A.)
- Occupation - architect, restoring a wide range of builings, including Eltham Palace, Lambeth Palace, the Deanery and Canon's House in Westminster Abbey, Fulham Palace, Charterhouse, Eton, All Hallows by the Tower, St. Andrews Holborn Viaduct, St. Mary Islington, St. Mary West Kensington.
- Constructed new buildings at Oxford, Cambridge, and Bristol.
- Invested as a Fellow, Royal Institute of British Architects (F.R.I.B.A.)
- Captain in the service of the Territorial Army Reserve.
- Succeeded to the title of 2nd Baron Mottistone, of Mottistone, co. Southampton [U.K., 1933] on 7 November 1947.
- Deputy Lieutenant (D.L.)
- Invested as a Officer, Order of the British Empire (O.B.E.) in 1961.
- Lay Canon for Portsmouth Cathedral between 1961 and 1963.
Medal Index Cards
- First name(s) Henry John Alexander
- Last name Seely
- Year 1914-20
- Service number 243593
- Rank Second Lieutenant,Captain
- Second rank Second Lieutenant
- Third rank Captain
- Regiment Royal Horse And Royal Field Artillery, Royal Field Artillery
- Second corps Royal Field Artillery
- Third corps Royal Field Artillery
- Service record Soldier Number: 243593, Corps: Royal Horse and Royal Field Artillery
- Second service record Rank: Second Lieutenant, Corps: Royal Field Artillery
- Third service record Rank: Captain, Corps: Royal Field Artillery
- Image link http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/SearchUI/Details?uri=D5078277
- Country Great Britain
- Medal type British Army Medal Index Cards, 1914-1920
- Archive reference WO372/17