About David Avery Curtis, twin of John
Curtis, David Avery (son of Enos and Ruth Franklin of Pennsylvania). Born August 10, 1820, in Pennsylvania. Came to Utah July 24, 1847*, Brigham Young company.
1: Married Harriet Howard (Watson) (daughter of Edward Howard and Elizabeth Bramwell, latter pioneer 1857, oxteam company). She was born August 15, 1831.
- Amanda H. born August 10, 1858, married Robert Gillespie; married Lorenzo Childs;
- Harriet Elizabeth born March 11, 1860. died child;
- Edward Enos born March 24, 1862, married Sarah Alexander;
- Ruth born July 15, 1864, married Franklin P. Hadlock;
- William Avery born October 2, 1866, married Clarissa Morgan;
- David John born November 2. 1868, married Sarah Alice Andrews;
- Eliel Elijah born May 4, 1871, married Hulda Ann Henry January 4, 1892;
- Gideon Daniel born April 23, 1873, married Mary Bennett;
- Semar Granson born June 26, 1875.
Family resided Fountain Green and Aurora, Utah.
- Married Amanda Starr.
- Heber, married Sarah Ann Lucilla;
- Portland Adelbert, died aged 4.
Family home Springville, Utah.
Seventy; missionary to England; patriarch. Black Hawk Indian war veteran; served in Echo Canyon trouble; assisted in bringing immigrants to Utah. Farmer and sheepraiser. Died at Aurora, Utah.
Harriet Howard (Watson) was the wife of William Watson and the mother of Benjamin Howard Nephi Watson, who married Elizina Curtis; they lived at Aurora, Sevier county, Utah.
- Pioneer and Prominent Men of Utah claims, (probably mistakenly), that David Avery Curtis was part of the 1847 Brigham Young Company. Other research indicates he arrived in 1850 initially and not 1847.
SOURCE: Esshom, Frank; "Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah"; Salt Lake City, Utah; Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company; 1913.
Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel, 1847–1868
Curtis, David Avery
Birth Date: 11 Aug. 1820 Death Date: 5 Oct. 1885 Gender: Male Age: 29 Company: Unidentified Companies (1850)
Evidence from census and genealogical records proves that the Curtis family traveled to Utah in 1850. A child was born in March 1850 in Illinois. The first documentation to place them in Utah is the 1850 Utah Census, which was taken in 1851 before the arrival of that season's emigration. Further research is needed to determine the name of the company they traveled with.
Birth: Aug. 10, 1820 Tioga County Pennsylvania, USA
Death: Oct. 5, 1885 Aurora Sevier County Utah, USA
Son of Enos Curtis and Ruth Franklin.
His mother Died near Council Bluffs Iowa and her gravesite is not known.
He married Amanda Ann Starr in Quincy Illinois on October 20, 1841. His twin brother, John White Curtis married Amandas twin sister Almira on May 13, 1840 in Nauvoo Illinois.
- Enos Curtis (1783 - 1856)
- Amanda Ann Starr Curtis (1821 - 1853)
- Harriet Howard Curtis (1831 - 1918)*
- Lutitia Shearer Warthen (1822 - 1903)*
- Maria Jane Curtis Fullmer (1853 - 1925)*
- Amanda Howard Curtis Childs (1858 - 1878)*
- William Avery Curtis (1866 - 1900)*
- Eliel Elijah Curtis (1871 - 1935)*
- Gideon Daniel Curtis (1873 - 1925)*
Burial: Aurora Cemetery Aurora Sevier County Utah,
David Avery Curtis, twin of John的年谱
Tioga, Pennsylvania, USA
Fountain Green, Sanpete, Utah Territory, USA
Springville, Utah County, Utah, United States