Matching family tree profiles for James Beall
About James Beall
- James William Beall (Ben M. Angel notes: middle names weren't commonly in use during this time period, primary source documentation should be provided for the assertion of William as middle name)
- Birth: May 2, 1652 Saint Andrews, Fife, Scotland
- Death: May 15, 1725 Prince George's County, Maryland, USA
- Family links:
- Alexander Bell (1621 - ____)
- Margaret Ramsay Bell (1625 - ____)
- Sarah Pearce Beall (1677 - 1761)
- Margaret Beall Odell (1694 - 1755)*
- Burial: Unknown
- Find A Grave Memorial# 119956485
- From: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=119956485
- Maryland and Virginia Colonials: Genealogies of Some Colonial Families ... By Sharon J. Doliante
- .... etc.
- Issue of John and Sarah (Sprigg) Peerce, Jr.:
- (I.) Sarah Peerce, b. C1677, Calvert Co., Md.; d. bef. Nov. 28, 1761, Pr. Geo's Co., Md.; m. C1693 [Beall, op. cit., p. 149] James Be[a]ll, Sr., son of Alexander and Margaret (Ramsey) Bell, of St. Andrew's, Scotland. he was bapt. Feb. 5, 1652/3, St. Andrew's Church, Fife Co., Scotland; d. bef. Feb. 10, 1725/6, pr. Geo's Co., Md. After his decease, she m. (2) bef. Nov. 1726, Dr. John Haswell, who also pre-deceased her, dying testate, bef. Apr. 11, 1750, pr. Geo's Co., and by whom she had no issue. Issue of James and Sarah (Peerce) Beall, Sr., will be found (subpa) under the Neall family.
- (II.) John Peerce (or, Pearce), III, .... etc.
Came to America in 1655
Was this the one who immigrated to P.County MD? see http://www.drumaldry.org/Origin_of_Drumaldry.pdf
He might have owned a part of MD which he named Drumeldry after Drummeldrie in Fife (near Largo).
- Birth: Feb 5 1652 - St. Andrews, Fife, Scotland
- Death: May 15 1725 - Prince George's County, Maryland
- Parents: Alexander Beall, Margaret Ramsey
- Wife: Sarah Beall
- Children: Margaret Beall, James Beall, Jr., John Beall, Jr., Joseph Beall, Nathaniel Beall, Robert Beall, Zepheniah Beall, Sarah Odell, James Beall
- Siblings: Alexander Beall, William Beall, Andrew Beall, Robert Beall
[http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~jacmac/bell-beall.pdf THE BELL - BEALL FAMILY OF SCOTLAND AND MARYLAND] James Bell (also written Beall and Beale), the son of Alexander Bell and Margaret Ramsay, was born in Fife County, Scotland. He was subsequently christened in St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church in Fife County on 5 February 1652. James eventually emigrated to the Province of Maryland from his native Scotland, where he married in about 1693 in Calvert County, to a woman named Sarah Pearce. Sarah, who had been born in Calvert County, Maryland, was the daughter of John Pearce and Sarah Sprigg. (NOTE: Sarah (Sprigg) Pearce, Sarah (Pearce) Bell's mother, married for a second time to a man named Enoch Coombs. In a probate document, which had been written on 22 May 1730 and filed on 25 September 1730 in Prince George’s County, Maryland, she left the residual of her estate to the children of her daughter, Sarah (Pearce) Beall Haswell).
James, who was a planter, acquired a considerable amount of land over the years (in excess of 3,000 acres), primarily in Prince George's County, and in an area that is currently a part of Montgomery County, Maryland. Deed and survey records indicate that he had land holdings with such names as "Fife," "Rovers' Content," "Loan Head," "Drumaldry," "Lay Hill," and "Good Luck." It also appears that throughout his life, James was very active in the Presbyterian Church, serving as a Trustee and Elder in the Upper Marlboro Presbyterian Church, and as a Vestryman in the Broad Creek Church in Piscataway Parish. Both of these were located in Prince George's County, Maryland.
James Bell-Beall died in Prince George's County, Maryland in 1725. His will, which had been written on 21 November 1723, was probated on 10 July 1725. Sometime after his death, James' widow, Sarah, married for a second time, also in Maryland, to Dr. John Haswell. Dr. Haswell died in Prince George's County, Maryland in 1750. His will, which was dated 12 November 1746, was probated on 11 April 1750. Sarah, who also survived her second husband, died in Prince George's County in 1761. Her will, which was dated 22 May 1755, was probated by the Prince George's County Court on 28 November 1761.
With the exception of his daughter, Margaret, the following children were named in James Bell-Beall’s will. James did mention Margaret’s husband in his will, however, referring to him as "son-in-law Thomas Odell." Sarah specifically mentions “my daughter Margaret” in her will
1. ALEXANDER1 BEALL was born in Largo, Scotland. He married MARGARET RAMSEY in Scotland.
Children of ALEXANDER BEALL and MARGARET RAMSEY are:
- 2. i. JAMES2 BEALL, b. 1652, Fife, Scotland; d. 1725, Prince Georges Co., MD.
- ii. WILLIAM BEALL, b. 1647; d. 1731. 1664, Arrived in Maryland
- iii. ANDREW BEALL, b. 1655, Babtized: 3/18/1655, Sst. Andrew's Church, Fife Co., Scotland; d. 1742. Andrew Beall, b. 1655, St Andrew's Church, Fife Co. Scotland. Arrived in Maryland in 1677. Will probated March 23, 1742, Prince George's County, Maryland. The will indicates he had no family. He left his property to friends. 1677, Arrived in Maryland
- 3. iv. ALEXANDER BEALL, b. October 11, 1649, Fifeshire, Scotland; d. 1744.
Generation No. 2
2. JAMES BEALL (ALEXANDER1) was born 1652 in Fife, Scotland, and died 1725 in Prince Georges Co., MD. ===He married SARAH PEARCE 1693 in Prince George County, MD, daughter of JOHN PEARCE and SARAH SPRIGG.===
Children of JAMES BEALL and SARAH PEARCE are:
- 4. i. MARGARET3 BEALL, b. Abt. 1694.
- 5. ii. JAMES BEALL, b. 1698; d. 1733.
- iii. MARY BEALL, b. 1694; d. 1723; m. THOMAS ODELL.
- iv. JOHN BEALL, b. 1696.
- 6. v. NATHANIEL BEALL, b. 1699; d. 1757.
- vi. SARAH BEALL, b. 1703; m. REGINALD O'DELL.
- vii. ROBERT BEALL, b. 1705; d. 1740.
- viii. JOSEPH BEALL, b. 1708; d. 1798. Fact 1: Repudiated Stamp Act.
- 7. ix. ZEPHANIAH BEALL, b. 1720; d. 1801.
7. ZEPHANIAH BEALL (JAMES2, ALEXANDER1) was born 1720, and died 1801. He married KEZIAH OFFUTT PRITCHETT 1768.
Child of ZEPHANIAH BEALL and KEZIAH PRITCHETT is:
- 12. i. ZEPHANIAH4 BEALL, b. 1773.
12. ZEPHANIAH4 BEALL (ZEPHANIAH3, JAMES2, ALEXANDER1) was born 1773. He married MARGARET CRAWFORD.
Child of ZEPHANIAH BEALL and MARGARET CRAWFORD is:
- 18. i. KEZIA AFFERT BEALL, b. December 25, 1798, Washington County, PA; d. October 22, 1857.
Anccestry has: James Beall Born in St Andrews Church, Fifeshire, Scotland on 1651 to Alexander Beall and Margaret Ramsey. James married === Sarah Pearce Born in America, Maryland, USA on 1670 to John Pearce and Sarah Sprigg. Sarah married John Haswell and had a child. Sarah married James Beall and had 10 children. She passed away on 1725 in Prince George Md. and had 10 children=== . He passed away on 1723 in Prince George Md. Spouse(s) Sarah Pearce 1670-1725 Children
- Nathaniel Beall 1698-1757
- Zephaniah Beall 1720-1735
- Margaret Beall 1700-1755
- Mary Beall 1694-1755
- Sarah Beall 1694-1729
- Robert Beall 1712-1787
- James Beall 1710-1762
- Sarah Beal 1713-Unknown
- Joseph Beal 1720-1801
- Zephenial Beall 1720-1801 Born in Prince Georges, Maryland, USA on 1720 to James Beall and Sarah Pearce. Zephenial married Keziah Offutt. She passed away on 1801
Re: James Beall (1652-1725) Maryland 3James Beall, baptized St. Andrew's Ch, Fifeshire, February 5, 1652, of Prince Georges County, Planter;Immigrant, possible son of Alexander of Scotland [G1621], d. 1725.Said to have immigrated 1668 ... m. Sarah Pearce , b. PGC 1680, d. PGC 1722, dau of John Pearce, b. 1650-1655 and Sarah Sprigg, b. 1658... 8.*Zephaniah, b. 1723 (+) Age 3 in 1726 (Doliante, 19) or 1720 (Beall News, 13, H) (+) NOTE more there
Lists ONLY SARAH PEARCE AS his only wife
Marriage to Eizabeth Pooley
Elizabeth (Pooly), widow of Mathias Pooly of FR C., m. by 1772, James Beall (Hodges cites Liber P:247, 248 in the Clerk's Office, FR Co
James Beall's Timeline
February 5, 1652
St. Andrews, Fife, Scotland
February 6, 1652
Province of Maryland
February 11, 1701
Calvert County, Province of Maryland
July 10, 1725
Prince George's County, Province of Maryland