People Connected to Fife
Historic County of Scotland
Image right - Fife within Scotland in 1890
How to use this Page
- Please link any GENI Profiles with links to Fife to this project.
- You can ALSO add the earliest heads of families to the list of Fife Families on Geni below (don't forget to link their profiles to the project as well). These would usually be male! Please restrict people added to the list to the earliest head of family!
Note People with links to Fife can be linked to the project but not necessarily added to the list below.
People connected to Fife can also be linked to the following projects.
Historical and Political people
- accommodated by the project Historical Fife (Link to follow) which covers the History of Fife and historical/political people. Some of these are also listed in the Famous people category.
Famous or Notable People
Those people of note with connections to the county are listed below. Some of these connections are a little tenuous - counties like to lay claim to people of renown! Please visit Fife - Famous People and add them to the listing there.
People from Fife who went to the "New world" and were early progenitors in those countries. Where the earliest ancestor is known please add them to the list of "Fife families on Geni" below if that was their roots, or to the appropriate county project.
Where the earliest known ancestor is the emigrant add them to the list below. In some cases if there is a project that covers them in detail please link the project.
Feel free to follow, request to collaborate
To join the project use the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page.
Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance.
See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
Heads of Fife Families on Geni
Names with Bold links are to Geni profiles. Other links take you to external biographical web pages.
- John Cargill Dysart ± 1716
- John Ker (Kar) (c. 1539 - )
Emigrants from Fife
Please add the names of people from Fife who settled in the "New World"
- David Stevenson (1822-1905)
- David Ross Gillespie (1801-1868)