About Nathaniel Johnson
Nathaniel Johnson, born January 19, 1665/66 and died on May 4, 1755. Nathaniel married (1) Abigail May, his step sister and (2) Mrs. Mary Laurens.
From http://www.treetreetree.org.uk/Johnson.htm#Nathaniel which agrees with Cooke also.
NATHANIEL JOHNSON (1666 - 1755) of Hingham, Sherborn and Pomfret
Parents: Sgt. Humphrey Johnson and Ellen Cheney. [Ref, p. 12]
Nathaniel Johnson was born on 19 Jan 1665 in Hingham. [Ref][Ref, p. 12, says 1666] He was baptised in Jul 1666 in Hingham. [Ref, p. 6] He died on 4 May 1755 [Ref, p. 12] in Pomfret. [Ref] He married first Abigail Unknown. [Ref, p. 12] She was born in Jul 1666. [Ref, p. 12] She died on 9 Apr 1745 in Pomfret, CT. [Ref][Ref] He married second Mrs. Mary Laurens on 13 May 1747 in Pomfret. [Ref]
Nathaniel and Abigail lived in Hingham, Sherborn and Pomfret. [Ref, p. 12]
Nathaniel went on the Canada Expedition in 1690 under Capt. Andrews. [Ref, p. 12]
Children of Nathaniel Johnson and Abigail Unknown. Thee birthdates are given in Johnson and Johnson [Ref, p. 12]
- Abigail Johnson was born in Jul 1683. She died young. [Ref, p. 12]
- Lieut. Joseph Johnson was born on 9 Sep 1685. He died on 25 Mar 1745 in Holliston. He married Lydia Twitchell.
- Abigail Johnson was born on 1 Apr 1687. She died on 15 Jan 1782 in Pomfret. [Ref, p. 12][Ref]
- Elisha Johnson was born on 12 Mar 1688. He married Abigail Weld on 25 May 1708/9. [Ref, p. 19] Abigail, the daughter of John Weld, was born on 27 Aug 1663 in Roxbury. [Ref, p. 19] Elisha was one of the first settlers of Sutton. [Ref, p. 19]
- Thomas Johnson was born on 12 Mar 1690.
- Mary Johnson was born on 11 Mar or May 1691. She married Noah Morse on 12 Jul 1705. [Ref, p. 19] Noah was the son of Daniel and Elizabeth (Barbour) Morse, the grandson of Daniel Morse and Capt. George Barbour and the great-grandson of Samuel Morse. [Ref, p. 33] He was born on 20 Apr 1681 in Medfield. [Ref, p. 33] He died in 1717/8 in Sherborn. [Ref, p. 33] He married second Abigail, the daughter of Joseph and Hannah Gleason of Sherborn. [Ref, p. 33] Abigail was the granddaughter of Corp. Joseph Gleason and Martha Russell. She married second Nathaniel Heaton of Wrentham. [Ref, p. 33] Morse [Ref, p. 33] says that Noah married Mary, the daughter this Mary's brother Nathaniel, but this is impossible. Mary is young to have married in 1705.
- Jonathan Johnson was born on 16 Mar 1692. He died on 6 Jan 1702 in Sherborn. [Ref, p. 12]
- Nathaniel Johnson married Mary Haven, the daughter of John and Hannah (Hitchens) Haven of Lynn, on 23 Nov 1708. [Ref, p. 19] Nathaniel and Mary had five children. [Ref, p. 19]
- Martha Johnson was born on 19 Feb 1697. She died on 2 Oct 1745. [Ref, p. 19][Ref] She married Timothy Sabin on 5 Feb 1717/8 [Ref] in Pomfret. [Ref, p. 19, says 1 Feb][Ref] Timothy was the son of Benjamin and Sarah (Parker) Sabin. [Ref, p. 19][Ref] He was born on 27 Jul 1694 in Woodstock, CT. [Ref, p. 19] He died on 9 May 1780 [Ref][Ref, p. 20] , age 85, and is buried in the Sabin cemetery in Pomfret. [Ref] He married second Experience Houghton on 14 Oct 1746. [Ref, p. 20] She was the widow of William Houghton [Ref, p. 20] of Lancaster. [Ref] Martha and Timothy had eight children. [Ref]
- Mehitable Johnson was born on 15 Oct 1699. She married Humphrey Goodell on 12 Jan 1726/7. [Ref, p. 20] Humphrey, the son of Thomas and Sarah Goodell, was born on 30 Oct 1699 in Pomfret and died on 20 Apr 1759. [Ref, p. 20][Ref] Mehitable and Humphrey had seven children. [Ref, p. 20]
- U.S., New England Marriages Prior to 1700. Name: Nathaniel Johnson Gender: Male Birth Year: 1666 Marriage Date: 1685 Death Year: About 1755 Marriage Place: New England, United States Spouse's Name: Abigail May Source Information: Ancestry.com. U.S., New England Marriages Prior to 1700 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2012. Original data: Torry, Clarence A. New England Marriages Prior to 1700. Baltimore, MD, USA: Genealogical Publishing Co., 2004.
Nathaniel Johnson's Timeline
January 19, 1665
Hingham, Plymouth, MA
September 9, 1685
April 1, 1687
March 12, 1688
March 12, 1690
March 11, 1691
Hingham, Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States