Famous People Connected to Aberdeenshire
Historic County of Scotland
Image right - James Gibbs - Architect
Those people of note with connections to the county are listed below. Some of these connections are a little tenuous - counties like to lay claim to people of renown!
Feel free to follow, request to collaborate
To join the project use the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page.
Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance.
See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
- Lord Byron, poet, was raised (ages 2–10) in Aberdeen, though not born there.
- Andrew Cruickshank, actor famous for his role in Dr Finlay's Casebook
- James Gibbs (23 December 1682 – 5 August 1754) was one of Britain's most influential architects. Born in Aberdeen, Scotland
- George Jamesone (or Jameson) (c. 1587 – 1644) was Scotland's first eminent portrait-painter.
- Andrew Murray - born at Mill of Clatt; emigrated to South Africa c. 1822, where he was progenitor of a renowned clan of Ministers of the Dutch Reformed Church
- Archibald Simpson, architect, influential in design of Aberdeens's modern centre
Related Projects on Geni
References, Sources and further reading
this project is in History Link