County Down - Main Page
This is the Umbrella Project Page for County Down - Northern Ireland
See also Counties of Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Still to come
- County Down Burials
- County Down - Famous People
- County Down Genealogical Resources
- Historical County Down
- Administrative centre Downpatrick
- Province Ulster
- County Flower - Spring Squill, Scilla verna
- Area 945 sq mi (2,448 km2)
- People from County Down are called -
- Motto Absque Labore Nihil (Latin) "Nothing Without Labour"
County Down (named after its county town, Downpatrick) is one of six counties that form Northern Ireland, situated in the north-east of the island of Ireland. It adjoins the south-east shore of Lough Neagh. It is also one of the thirty-two traditional counties of Ireland and is within the province of Ulster.
Free to follow, request to collaborate
To join the project use the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page.
Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance.
See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
- If you have any queries please start a discussion linked to this project. (See the menu top right).
- Please add related projects to the menu on the right.
- If you have links to related web pages that would be of interest to others please add them in the relevant section at the bottom of the page. In order to do this use the drop down menu at the top left of the screen and Join the Project. If this option is not available to you then contact a collaborator and ask to be added to the project. As a collaborator you will be able to edit this page.
- Add any documents of interest using the menu at the top right of the page, and then add a link to the document in the text under the heading below. If you do not know how to do this please contact one of the other collaborators to assist you.
- Grey Abbey