County Dublin- Main Page
Republic of Ireland
This is the Umbrella Project Page for the historic County Dublin - Ireland
Please do not link profiles to this project - its purpose is to inform!
Still to Come
- County Dublin - Famous People
- Historical County Dublin
HELP is always welcome!!
- Irish: Contae Bhaile Átha Cliath or Contae Átha Cliath
- Administrative centre Dublin
- Province Leinster
- Area 921 km2 (356 sq mi)
- People from County Dublin are called -
- Motto Beart do réir ár mbriathar (Irish), "Action to match our speech"
County Dublin is a county in Ireland. It is part of the Dublin Region and is in the province of Leinster. It is named after the city of Dublin, which is the capital of Ireland. County Dublin was one of the first parts of Ireland to be shired by King John of England following the Norman invasion of Ireland. The area of the county no longer has a single local authority; local government is now split between three authorities each with its county seat.
Four Local Authorities of County Dublin
Towns and Parishes
For a full list see County Dublin, Ireland - Monumental Inscriptions, Cemeteries and Graveyards
To participate in any project
- you do need to first be a collaborator, or collaborating with a project collaborator - so join the project. Visit Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
How to Participate
- If you have any queries please start a discussion linked to this project. (See the menu top right).
- Please add related projects to the menu on the right.
- If you have links to related web pages that would be of interest to others please add them in the relevant section at the bottom of the page. In order to do this use the drop down menu at the top left of the screen and Join the Project. If this option is not available to you then contact a collaborator and ask to be added to the project. As a collaborator you will be able to edit this page.
- Add any documents of interest using the menu at the top right of the page, and then add a link to the document in the text under the heading below. If you do not know how to do this please contact one of the other collaborators to assist you.
Please do not add the profiles off all your County Dublin born ancestors to this project or the People connected to County Dublin project. Rather add the earliest known person of a County Dublin family to the County Dublin' - Family Heads] project. link to follow
References and Sources
Map from Dublin Irish Ancestors where an interactive version of the map can be viewed and used.
14 Cloghran (Castleknock)
15 Cloghran (Coolock)
28 Dublin city parishes
28 St. Catherines
28 St. Georges
28 St. James
72 St. Margarets
28 St. Marks
28 St. Nicholas Without
75 St. Peters