Dublin City - Main Page
Republic of Ireland
- Irish: Baile Átha Cliath
- Province Leinster
- People from County Dublin are called - Dubliners
- Motto Obedientia Civium Urbis Felicitas, "The obedience of the citizens makes a happy city"
Dublin is the capital of Ireland. Dublin is in the province of Leinster on Ireland's east coast, at the mouth of the River Liffey.
In 1885, Dublin City was split into four divisions which were separate single member constituencies:
- Dublin College Green,
- Dublin Harbour,
- Dublin St Stephen's Green
- Dublin St Patrick's.
Dublin City is one of four local authorities whose remit collectively encompasses the geographic area of the county and city of Dublin.
Before enactment of the Local Government (Dublin) Act 1993, the county was a unified whole even though its was administered by two local authorities - Dublin County Council and Dublin Corporation. Since the enactment of the Local Government Act 2001 in particular, the geographic area of the county has been divided between three entities at the level of "county" and a further entity at the level of "city". They rank equally as first level local administrative units of the NUTS 3 Dublin Region for Eurostat purposes.
Free to follow, request to collaborate
To join the project use the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page.
Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance.
See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
- If you have any queries please start a discussion linked to this project. (See the menu top right).
- Please add related projects to the menu on the right.
- If you have links to related web pages that would be of interest to others please add them in the relevant section at the bottom of the page. In order to do this use the drop down menu at the top left of the screen and Join the Project. If this option is not available to you then contact a collaborator and ask to be added to the project. As a collaborator you will be able to edit this page.
- Add any documents of interest using the menu at the top right of the page, and then add a link to the document in the text under the heading below. If you do not know how to do this please contact one of the other collaborators to assist you.
Please do not add the profiles off all your Dublin City born ancestors to this project or the People connected to Dublin City project. Rather add the earliest known person of a Dublin City family to the Dublin City' - Family Heads project. link to follow
References and Sources
Map from Irish Ancestors where the map is interactive.
- Manor Court of St. Sepulchre
- St. Andrews
- St. Annes
- St. Audoens
- St. Brides
- St. Catherines
- St. Georges
- St. James
- St. Johns
- St. Lukes
- St. Marks
- St. Mary
- St. Michaels
- St. Michans
- St. Nicholas Within
- St. Nicholas Without
- St. Patricks
- St. Pauls
- St. Peters
- St. Thomas
- St. Werburgh