County Leitrim - Main Page
Republic of Ireland
This is the Umbrella Project Page for County Leitrim - Ireland
Still to come
- County Leitrim - Famous People
- Historical County Leitrim
Leirtim (Pronounced LEE-trəm)
- Irish: Contae Liatroma
- Administrative centre Carrick-on-Shannon
- Province Connacht
- Area 1,588 km2 (613 sq mi)
- People from County Leitrim are called -
County Leitrim is a county in Ireland. It is located in the Border Region and is also part of the province of Connacht. It is named after the village of Leitrim. Leitrim County Council is the local authority for the county.
There are five historic baronies in the county. While baronies continue to be officially defined units, they are no longer used for many administrative purposes. Their official status is illustrated by Placenames Orders made since 2003, where official Irish names of baronies are listed under "Administrative units". They are -
Towns and Parishes
Free to follow, request to collaborate
To join the project use the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page.
Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance.
See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
- If you have any queries please start a discussion linked to this project. (See the menu top right).
- Please add related projects to the menu on the right.
- If you have links to related web pages that would be of interest to others please add them in the relevant section at the bottom of the page. In order to do this use the drop down menu at the top left of the screen and Join the Project. If this option is not available to you then contact a collaborator and ask to be added to the project. As a collaborator you will be able to edit this page.
- Add any documents of interest using the menu at the top right of the page, and then add a link to the document in the text under the heading below. If you do not know how to do this please contact one of the other collaborators to assist you.
References and Sources
Map from Irish Ancestors where the map is interactive.