There are no proven descents from Attila the Hun to modern Europe.
Attila to the Gepidae
The following claim is common in Internet genealogies, but is not possible.
- Attila the Hun (406-453), married Justa Grata Honoria.
This genealogy has a number of problems:
- Attila did not marry Justa Grata Honoria, and did not have children with her.
- Ardaric might have married a daughter or granddaughter of Attila, but her name is not known.
- Elemund cannot have been a son of Ardaric. He overthrew the descendants of Ardaric and began a new dynasty.
- Austrigusa was a Gepid princess, but her father is unknown.