Note: While using ANY genealogical website or program...please be informed that ANY possible family connections are NOT valid until they can be verified with documentation.
This Edington clan has been hard to trace and document - where I and others feel should be investigated more I have put "Questionable" in the suffix box - this is especially done if conflicing data has been given over the years and the seems to be carried on with little or no documentation to support the information given.
There has been alot of "assumptions" possibly because of the notes left behind by Talford Chaning Edington - but e collected ANYTHING Ediington in trying to research and connect the Edington's
Scope of Projec and goal is: To build a single, validated and documented shared family tree
- 1) to create on Geni an accurate representation of the genealogical information
- 2) to clean up duplicates and ensure quality of the involved profiles
- 3) creating one master data base for the Edington line - to be used for:
- .........to sort out the lines and connect the different lines into one large database for:
- ..................proving and dis-proving and validating the connection to Philip Edington & Abigail Curtis
- .........To find documentation to support the past research of others on this line -
- .........To show the proper lineage connection for Luke John Edington-3078 was born 1762 in New Jersey/Bermuda Atlantic Islands. He died 8 Jan 185 in , Monroe, Tennessee. Luke married (1-MRIN:1219) Anna Hopkins-3151. Anna was born 1787 in Prob Smith Co Tn. She died 1832. Luke also married (2-MRIN:1236) Sarah Tipton-151, daughter of Edward Tipton-129 and Jemima Murray-113 (MRIN:96), on 1782 in Huntingdon Pa. Sarah was born 1766 in , Baltimore, Maryland. She died about 1830 in , Monroe, Tennessee.
- 4) RULE - All profiles marked PUBLIC - with me as the controling manager ARE NOT TO BE CHANGED TO PRIVATE under any circumstances. UNLESS YOU ARE THE Living profile person and ASK for control of your profile - I have choosen to leave any profile I feel to be LIVIING blank of all data - birth, marriage etc. = only those of DECEASED status will contain data IF known
- 5) IF possibly can we PLEASE leave and change the female spouse married to an Edington to the 'maiden Name' in the surname space only - leaving the "Maiden" name space blank for now - and to view her name as her birth/maiden name - this would help emenseley in the merging process
Major Researchers of the Past
Much of the early Edington data was collected by Talford C. Edington (1858-1934) he is a descendant of the Greene county Indiana Edington's his father being the son of Nancy Jane 'Nance" Edington who came to Greene county with her mother Margaret (Hardesty) Edington her son by by common-law-marriage to Samuel Chaney - most of which was not documented very well.
Viola Haynes (1909-1993) - who was a school teacher and also of the Greene county branch from Matilda Edington married David Reed line.
Minnie Cleo (Merritt) White (1899-1979) & her daughter wilma Sophronia (White) Ashcraft (1926-2002) - they also are of the Greene county branch - miine was the one who supplied me with my outline of theedingotn and double hardesty connection and told me i could fill in the blanks and would help when she got to feeling better - that did not come about as she was battling cancer.
1. Philip Edington-1967 was born 1674 in <Burlington, New Jersey/Middlezoy, Somerset, England>. He died 1 May 1717 in Bef 20 Apr 1827 / Anwel twp., Hunterdon Co., New Jersey.
Philip married (MRIN:146) Abigail Curtis-114 on 18 Feb 1704 in New Jersey. Abigail was born about 1678 in <Bugbrook, Northamptonshire>. She died 1727.
They had the following children:
- + 2 M i. Phillip Edington Jr.-136 was born 1707/1710 and died after 1790.
- 3 M ii. Robert Edington-3059 was born about 1718 in Anwell twp, Hunterdon Co., New Jersey. He died about 1795 in Huntington Co., Pennsylvania.
- + 4 M iii. Robert Edington-139 was born 1705 1717/1720 and died 1790/1798.
- 5 M iv. James Edington-137 was born 1709/1715 in <Burlington, New Jersey>.
- 6 M v. John Edington-2357.
2. Phillip Edington Jr.-136 (Philip) was born 1707/1710 in <Burlington, New Jersey>. He died after 1790.
Phillip married (MRIN:470) [-?-] Blackwell-116. [-?-] was born 1707 in <New Jersey>.
They had the following children:
- + 7 M i. John Edington-2147 was born about 1729 and died about 1793.
- + 8 M ii. Philip Edington Questionable-3265 was born about 1725.
4. Robert Edington-139 (Philip) was born 1705 1717/1720 in Amwell Twp., Hunterdon, New Jersey. He died 1790/1798 in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania.
He had the following children:
- 9 M i. Robert Edington-3319 was born about 1740.
- + 10 M ii. Jonathan "Big Swede" Edington-2543 was born 1750 and died 6 Sep 1815.
- 11 F iii. Abigail Edington-4 was born Mar 1760. She died 13 Mar 1845 in Near Zoar, Fairfield Twp., Tuscarawas, Ohio..
- + 12 M iv. Samuel Edington-2706 was born 1766/1770 and died 1830.
- 13 M v. Robert Jr. Edington-2995 was born 1752/1755 in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania.
- 13a F vi. [-?-] Edington theory-3828 was born 1764 / 1762-1766. She died about 1850 in Clearfield, Clearfield, Pennsylvania, by the fall off a porch. [-?-] married (MRIN:1356) John Edmiston-3071. John was born about 1750. He died in near Altoona, Pennslyvania before the "pumpkin flood
7. John Edington-2147 (Phillip, Philip) was born about 1729 in Pennsylvania. He died about 1793 in , Bedford/Bradford., Pennsylvania.
He served in American Revolution Braford Co. Ranger's Sep. to Nov. 1777.
John married (MRIN:309) Rachel Taylor-148 about 1749.
They had the following children:
- 14 M i. Philip Edington-2144 was born 20 Jan 1748/1749. He died 16 Oct 1815 in Seneca Co., NY and was buried in Canoga Cemetery, Fayette, Seneca Co., NY. Philip married (MRIN:1288) Eleanor Hunt-2143. Eleanor was born 1 Mar 1751/1752. She died 8 Jan 1815 in Seneca Co., NY and was buried in Canoga Cemetery, Fayette, Seneca Co., NY.
8. Philip Edington Questionable-3265 (Phillip, Philip) was born about 1725 in Bermunda.
He had the following children:
- 15 M i. John Edington-2077 was born Dec 1750 in Bermuda Island. He died 1776 in Greenbriar Co Virginia John married (MRIN:1357) Leah Jarvis-3584. Leah was born 1753 in Bermuda Island. She died in Greenbriar Co Virginia.
- 16 M ii. James Edington-130 was born about 1757 in Bermuda. James married (MRIN:1358) Leah Richardson-3061.
- 17 M iii. Phillip Edington-3338 was born 1758 in Bermuda.
- 18 M iv. Luke John Edington-3078 was born 1762 in New Jersey/Bermuda Atlantic Islands. He died 8 Jan 185 in , Monroe, Tennessee. Luke married (1-MRIN:1219) Anna Hopkins-3151. Anna was born 1787 in Prob Smith Co Tn. She died 1832. Luke also married (2-MRIN:1236) Sarah Tipton-151, daughter of Edward Tipton-129 and Jemima Murray-113 (MRIN:96), on 1782 in Huntingdon Pa. Sarah was born 1766 in , Baltimore, Maryland. She died about 1830 in , Monroe, Tennessee.
- 19 M v. Robert Edington-29 was born about 1760 in Bermuda.
10. Jonathan "Big Swede" Edington-2543 (Robert, Philip) was born 1750 in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania / Anwell, Hunterdon, New Jersey. He died 6 Sep 1815 in Antes Twp, Huntingdon, Pennsylvania.
He had the following as accepted and listed on D.A.R. forms with the only spouses being listed in bold listed. ihave not seen any D.A.R. applications that were made after Dec 1980 children:
- 20 F i. Nancy Ann Edington-3017 was born 1780/1783 in <, Pennsylvania>. She died before 1850 in Scott, Illinois, United States. Nancy married (MRIN:81) Jethro Deweese-95 on 13 Dec 1808 in Licking County, Ohio. Jethro was born about 1780 in , Kent, Deleware. He died after 1840 in , Scott, Illinois.
- 21 M ii. John Edington-25 was born about 1780 in <, , Pennsylvania>. He died before 1850. John married (MRIN:33) Malander Walls-141 on 27 Jul 1803 in , Washington, Ohio. Malander was born 1780 in <Pennsylvania>.
- 22 M iii. James B Edington-24 was born 13 Dec 1782 in , , Pennsylvania. He died 20 Nov 1862 in , Perry, Ohio James married (MRIN:30) Mary Gould-66 on 1806. Mary was born 5 Mar 1798 in , , Pennsylvania. She died 12 Apr 1862 in , , Ohio.
- 23 M iv. Charles Edington-30 was born 1785 in <, , Pennsylvania>.
- 24 F v. Amelea or Emelea Edington-26 was born 25 Aug 1785 in <, , Pennsylvania>. She died 13 May 1832 and was buried in First Baptist Cemetery. Amelea married (MRIN:35) Evan Sidney/Sydney Crane-74 on 13 May 1809 in Muskingum, Muskingum, Ohio, United States. Evan was born 3 Mar 1772 in Pa. He died 13 Mar 1850 in , Licking, Ohoi and was buried in First Baptist Cemetery.
- 25 F vi. Charity Edington-2514 was born 1787/1789 in Somerset, Somerset, Pennsylvania, United States. She died 4 Apr 1881 in Benton Twp, Pike, Ohio. Charity married (MRIN:925) Elza or Elzey Walls-150 , son of Levi Walls-52 and Mary Layton-2287 (MRIN:59). Elza was born 6 Dec 1786 in West Virginia, United States. He died 22 Feb 1861 in Benton, Pike, Ohio, United States.
- 26 F vii. Catherine Edington-27 was born 1787 in <, , Pennsylvania>. She died before 1850. Catherine married (MRIN:1301) Thomas Hinton-3371 on 17 Aug 1806.
- 27 F viii. Charlotte Edington-2569 was born 1787. Charlottemarried (MRIN: 42) * John Hampshire-44 b. 1824 <Ohio>
- 28 M ix. Eleazer Edington-2571 was born 1791/1797 in Pennsylvania, Usa. He died 1845 in Licking, Ohio Eleazer married (1-MRIN:1056) Sarah Edwards-2424.Eleazer also married (2-MRIN:62) Mary Ashel-56 on 1 Mar 1829 in Perry County, Ohio. Mary was born 1810 in , , Pennsylvania. She died 1884 in Franklin Twp., Licking County, Ohio and was buried in Ellis Chapel Cemetery, , Licking, Ohio.
- 29 M x. Jonathan Eddington/ Edington-2268 was born 1792 in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, Usa. He died 27 Oct 1845/1846 in Deerfield Twp., Morgan, Ohio. Jonathan married (MRIN:1173) Sarah Susan van Winkle-2661, daughter of Moses van Winkle-2642 and Elizabeth Tyler-2429 (MRIN:1101), on 7 Mar 1815 in Muskingham Co., Ohio. Sarah was born 1798/1799 in Sullivan, New York, Usa. She died 1870/1871 in Benton Twp., Licking County, Ohio.
- 30 M xi. Robert Edington-145 was born 1796 in , Hunterdon, Pennsylvania. He died 5 Aug 1844 in , Coshocton, Ohio from fever said to milk Robert married (MRIN:112) Margaret Alice Hardesty-5, daughter of Thomas Hardesty-1 and Nancy Ann Chaney-3 (MRIN:1), on 13 Apr 1815 in Coshocton County, Ohio. Margaret was born 20 Sep 1800 in , Anne Arundel, Maryland and was christened 10 Nov 1801 in All Hallow's Parish, , Anne Arundel, Maryland. She died 26 Aug 1890 in Dresden, Greene, Indiana and was buried in Ashcraft Chapel Cemetery, Jackson Twp., Greene, Indiana.
- 31 M xii. Jacob A. Edington or Eddington-2675 was born 1797/1799 in Somerset, Pennsylvania, United States. He died 1864 in Licking, Ohio, United States and was buried Licking,Ohio. Jacob married (MRIN:56) Ruth Parks-3102 on 25 Apr 1820 in Licking County, Ohio. Ruth was born 1798 in , , Pennsylvania. She died in Ohio, Usa.
12. Samuel Edington-2706 (Robert, Philip) was born 1766/1770 in Hunterdon, New Jersey. He died 1830 in Darke, Ohio. Samuel married (MRIN:916) Nancy [-?-]-2374 on 1795 in , Hunterdon, New Jersey. Nancy was born 1775. She died 1830 in , Darke, Ohio.
They had the following children:
- 32 M i. Charles Edington-2939 was born Aug 1800 in , Monmouth, New Jersey. He died 1830 in Darke, Ohio.
- 33 M ii. Phillip Edington-2205 was born 1801 in Franklin, Pennsylvania. He died 2 Jan 1864 in Ansonia, Darke, Ohio and was buried in Old Ansonia Cemetery, .Ansonia, Darke, Ohio. Phillip married (MRIN:934) Catherine Noggle-2455, daughter of George Noggle-2269 and Catherine Heinlein-2278 (MRIN:994), on 20 Oct 1825 in , Darke, Ohio. Catherine was born 1803 in , Blair, Pennsylvania. She died 17 May 1863 in Ansonia, Darke, Ohio.
- 34 M iii. James Edington-2200 was born 18 Aug 1806 in , Somerset, Pennsylvaniastates. He died 9 Apr 1888 in Austin, Mower, Minnesota. James married (MRIN:928) Elizabeth Huntsman-2936. Elizabeth was born 6 Apr 1810 in Ohio, Usa. She died 29 Apr 1870 in , Fayette/Frainbank, Iowa, Usa.
- 35 F iv. Daughter Edington-2395 was born 1807 in Pennsylvania, Somerset, Pennsylvaniastates.
- 36 M v. John C Edington-2242 was born 18 Sep 1807 in Pennsylvania, Usa. He died 6 Apr 1865 in Bluffton, Wells, In, Usa John married (MRIN:903) Elizabeth Noggle-3001 on 13 Feb 1834 in Darke, Oh, Usa. Elizabeth was born 28 Jan 1816 in Darke, Ohio, United States. She died 16 Jul 1890 in Bluffton, Wells, Indiana, United States.
- 37 M vi. Samuel Crawford Edington-2189 was born 1812 in , Somerset, Pennsylvania. He died 1880 in Brown, Darke, Ohio Samuel married (MRIN:915) Nancy Ann Dougherty-3243 on 3 Sep 1849 in , Darke, Ohio. Nancy was born 29 Oct 1830 in , Westmoreland, Pennsylvania. She died 28 Aug 1903 in Montpelier, Blackford, Indiana.
- 38 F vii. Ruhama Edington-2215 was born 1815 in , Somerset, Pennsylvania Ruhama married (MRIN:919) Henry F Drinkwater-3093 on 26 May 1836 in Darke, Ohio, United States. Henry was born 1811 in Gloucestershire, England. He died 1880 in Ohio, United States.
- 39 F viii. Lidema Edington-2298 was born 1819 in , Somerset, Pennsylvania. Lidema married (MRIN:1018) Joseph Hillinger-2474 on 14 Sep 1837 in , Darke, Ohio.