Famous People Connected to Kirkcudbrightshire
Historic County of Scotland
Image right - Lieutenant William "Will" McMaster Murdoch RNR
People of note with connections to the county are listed below. Some of these connections are a little tenuous - counties like to lay claim to people of renown!
Feel free to follow, request to collaborate
To join the project use the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page.
Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance.
See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
Please add information about people of renown connected to Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland. If the person has a profile on Geni please add their profile to the project and add the link in bold.
- James Clerk Maxwell FRS FRSE (13 June 1831 – 5 November 1879) was a Scottish mathematical physicist.
- David Marshall Coulthard, MBE (born 27 March 1971), often known as DC, is a British former Formula One racing driver from Scotland.
- Lieutenant William "Will" McMaster Murdoch RNR (28 February 1873 – 15 April 1912) was a Scottish sailor who served as First Officer aboard the RMS Titanic, where he was employed by the White Star Line. He is notable as the officer in charge on the bridge the night when the Titanic collided with an iceberg in the Atlantic Ocean. He was one of those who died in the disaster.
- Joseph Tait (October 21, 1839 – ) was an Ontario businessman and political figure. He represented Toronto in the Legislative Assembly of Ontario as a Liberal member from 1890 to 1894.
Related Projects on Geni
- Kirkcudbrightshire Main Page
- Historical Kirkcudbrightshire (Link to follow)
- People Connected to Kirkcudbrightshire
References, Sources and further reading
this project is in History Link