Early French Settlers of South Africa
This project is devoted to French Settlers in South Africa OTHER THAN those who were of the French Huguenot settlers between 1688 and 1689. Please only add the profiles of the Stamvaders/Progenitors who came from France.
This is also a place where you can share links to online resources, tell other users where records etc. can be found and make queries or ask for help through the discussion facility.
To participate in any project
- you do need to first be a collaborator - so join the project. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
How to Participate
- Please add the profiles of Progenitors from Germany - (not their entire families and descendants!) and also those of prominent, famous, influential South Africans from that part of the world. This is easily done from the profile page using the Add to project link.
- If you have any queries related to these settlers please start a discussion linked to this project. (See the menu top right).
- Please add related projects to the menu on the right.
- If you have links to related web pages that would be of interest to others please add them in the relevant section at the bottom of the page. In order to do this use the drop down menu at the top left of the screen and Join the Project. If this option is not available to you then contact a collaborator and ask to be added to the project. As a collaborator you will be able to edit this page.
- Add any documents of interest using the menu at the top right of the page, and then add a link to the document in the text under the heading below. If you do not know how to do this please contact one of the other collaborators to assist you.
- Andreas Marthinus Goetz * Elsas c. 1763 (drie plekke in Elsas word aangegee in Personalia:
- (1) Strassburg (2) Zabern of (3) Maursmänster), sluit aan by die regiment Meuron en kom met
- die regiment na die Kaap † Paarl 7.10.1831 (69.10.23) x 10.7.1808 Johanna Catharina DE JONG
- wed. v. Johan Casparus Jurgens xx Paarl 2.5.1813 Johanna Hermina REDELINGHUYS