Famous People Connected to Sutherland
Historic County of Scotland
Image right - William Young Sellar (1825–1890)
People of note with connections to the county are listed below. Some of these connections are a little tenuous - counties like to lay claim to people of renown!
Feel free to follow, request to collaborate
To join the project use the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page.
Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance.
See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
Please add information about people of renown connected to Sutherland, Scotland. If the person has a profile on Geni please add their profile to the project and add the link in bold.
- John Lennon (1940-1980), a frequent visitor to Durness, on which the song 'In My Life' was reputedly based
- Norman MacCaig (1910-1996) Edinburgh born poet, who visited, and wrote about, the region of Assynt, which he visited many times over a period of forty years.
- Patrick Sellar (1780-1851), lawyer and factor.
- Walter Carruthers Sellar (1898-1951), humourist who wrote for Punch, best known for the book 1066 and All That - born at Golspie in Sutherland
- William Young Sellar (1825–1890), classical scholar
Related Projects on Geni
References, Sources and further reading
this project is in History Link