Monday Recap for November 5, 2012
Happy Guy Fawkes Day! Let’s take a look at some interesting genealogy articles from the past week!
The Genealogy Sphere
- Give thanks for family stories during holidays (MuskogeePhoenix.com) – Don’t forget to gather family stories during the holidays
- Youngsters may be interested in ‘cousin’ Justin Bieber (Bangor Daily News) – Fanfare about celebrity connections can help get younger generations excited about genealogy
- Career Shift: Turn Your Hobby Into a New Job (Forbes) – Great interview with genealogist extraordinaire Thomas MacEntee about how he turned his favorite hobby into his profession
- Cemetery photos: permission required? (The Legal Genealogist blog) – The legal genealogist Judy Russell explains permission requirements when taking photos in cemeteries
- Family History and Scrapbooking Go Together (Ancestors Live Here blog) – Leslie Ann shares her latest family history project – family calendars for Christmas!
- Become your own CSI while seeking relatives (timesleader.com) – Tom Mooney talks abut how genealogy is similar to the modern day detective
- Monday Recap for October 29, 2012 – Last week’s recap
- Family Tree Tuesday – Cecil B. DeMille – Learn more about legendary director Cecil B, DeMille’s family tree
- Tell Us Your Curator Story and Win a Free Geni Pro Subscription! – Share your story of how a curator has helped you and you could win a free subscription of Geni Pro