issues adding profiles

Started by Robin Lent on Monday, February 27, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published in the United States between 1925 and 1977, inclusive, without a copyright notice. Via Wikimedia Commons at https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Al_Jolson_-_publicity.JPG#mw-jump-to-license
    Geni member
  • Geni member
  • Geni member
  • Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 122 posts
2/27/2012 at 12:20 PM

I have added some profiles that show-up on the first page, but do not show up on the "view
all" page. The pull down menu on the "profile" page does not have an "add to project" icon.

Robin

2/27/2012 at 12:50 PM

Robin, I'm checking into this. I think that there are more limitations on what profiles may be added to a project than I thought. One of us can add any profiles you wish, but I'm getting this clarified and seeing if the limitations make sense in the meantime.

2/27/2012 at 1:00 PM

thanks..let me know what to do...I can divide up some of the existing category's into smaller groups...this project has inspired my young adult children...so humbling

2/27/2012 at 1:17 PM

I'll add the profiles you mentioned to the project for now. Apparently, you really cannot add profiles unless you either manage them or are a collaborator on them, even if they are public and even if they are Master Profiles. I have asked Geni to consider changing this rule for Pros who are project collaborators. It makes no sense to me.

2/27/2012 at 1:23 PM

Private User

2/27/2012 at 3:24 PM
2/27/2012 at 3:34 PM

Jack Benny

Unknown Profile

Peter Lorre

I would like to ask Randy Schoenberg to join the project, he has done several notable family trees, is that OK

2/27/2012 at 4:29 PM

If someone else collaborates with Jack Benny's manager, they should attempt to add his profile to the project. I could not, even though it is public.

2/27/2012 at 4:30 PM

Correction - George Burn's profile. The manager is Sondee Weiss. I sent a collaboration request.

2/27/2012 at 4:30 PM

Please invite Randy. That would be great Robin.

2/27/2012 at 4:32 PM

I am looking for Milton Berle. He must be under his real name :)

2/27/2012 at 9:50 PM

Jewish American physicists

J. Robert Oppenheimer

Hans Bethe, Nobel Prize in Physics, 1967
I've played bridge with his son Henry, they are connected to my tree

James Franck, Nobel Prize in Physics 1925

Samuel Abraham Goudsmit
Dutch-American physicist Manhattan Project

Walter Kohn, Nobel Prize in Chemistry, 1998

Albert Michelson, Nobel Prize in Physics 1907

Abraham Pais
colleague of Albert Einstein, modern physics historian
needs a better profile

Wolfgang E. Pauli, Nobel Prize in Physics, 1945

Carl Sagan

Arthur Leonard Schawlow 1981 Nobel Prize in Physics for laser spectroscopy, also Arthur Schawlow Center for autistic children
his father was Jewish, he was a Protestant Christian
the profile is not public...

http://www.geni.com/people/Jen%C5%91-P%C3%A1l-Eugene-Paul-Wigner/60...

2/28/2012 at 2:08 AM

I would recommend to have all Nobel Laureates in one sub category. Should there be "too many", then sub divide that category by prizes.

2/28/2012 at 9:17 AM

I've add all but Schawlow who is private. I added Wikipedia links for a couple and a photograph for one, but more work needs to be done on the profiles as Robin mentions.

I agree with Yigal. People coming here would like to see Nobel Laureates broken out.

2/28/2012 at 9:32 AM

I think that there is a project for Nobel Laureates. I'd like to add the category "Jurist" for judges and attorneys. I am open to more category's, makes it easier to find someone.

2/28/2012 at 11:36 AM

Have added in the Jewish American physicists

2/28/2012 at 1:42 PM

Jewish American biologists and physicians

Roger Kornberg, Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2006

Dr. Otto Loewi
not a public profile

Dr. Abraham Low
not a public profile

Martin Rodbell, Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, 1994
not a public profile

Karl H Pribram

Professor Dr. Michael Heidelberger
father of modern immunology profile needs bio

2/28/2012 at 5:58 PM

Robin Lent I've add the public profiles you provided links for. I've put a Wikipedia link in those that had no About Mes, but I have not done anything about the private profiles, those without profiles, or those who need a more extensive bio.

2/28/2012 at 6:03 PM

I'll work on that tomorrow...

Randy Schoenberg started a tree for Konrad Bloch, I linked it to 50+ family members.

How did he do that? (start a new tree)

2/28/2012 at 6:13 PM

I was able to separate him from the main tree by editing relationships. This may only be possible for curators.

2/28/2012 at 6:14 PM

Here's Carl Djerassi

Private User
2/28/2012 at 6:21 PM

I moved around the categories a bit. The splitting up entertainers posses some problems like, what of people who are actors AND comedians? Do we list them twice?

2/28/2012 at 6:35 PM

Any PRO should be able to start a new tree. Tip: splinter from "up tree" (outside your Family Group) to avoid raised eyebrows of amusement.). Also, immediately add to project so you don't lose him or her.))

2/28/2012 at 6:42 PM

Randy has a magic wand, thanks

2/28/2012 at 6:45 PM

what category do we use for directors and producers?

2/28/2012 at 6:45 PM

Every time I see a Jewish notable from Lithuania, I want to see their ancestors to see if I'm related or even to see where they are from and in many cases all we have are their parents' names. So much work to be done.

Showing 1-30 of 122 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion